Motorhome Parking Consultation

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by monty the motorhome, Jun 4, 2014.

1. monty the motorhome

monty the motorhome Read Only Funster

just got the following from North Yorkshire County council :-
    Please see attached letter and questionnaire, informing of the commencement of the consultation period regarding the proposed control of motor caravan parking in the given locations.
    For your information, the consultation will be sent in each case to all statutory consultees, street frontages and other interested parties.

The deadline for response is the 10th July 2014. Please note this date also is now applicable to the Sandsend consultation.

Due to the volume of enquiries received, we may not be able to answer all questions raised individually before the closing date of consultation, however please be assured all comments received will be included for consideration.

Kind regards

Emily Murphy
    Area Customer Care Officer

Area 3 Whitby Office
    North Yorkshire County Council
    Whitby Highways Depot
    Discovery Way
    Whitby
    YO22 4PZ

You can download the relevant info from my website www.montythemotorhome.com click on accessories tab.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

regretfully this new (old but new to me) lappy does not have suitable software to open the file. I'd suggest others may have the same problem if you want help maybe you should cut and past relevant passages in a post.

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

It's a .rar file. An alternative to a zipped file. Haven't used it for years. Suggest change it to a zip or leave as the original. Is it really much smaller than the original?

4. monty the motorhome

Its a zip or compressed file. if your pc cant uncompress the file you can get free programs to uncompress.

Either from here [ame="http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html"]7-Zip - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame]
    or direct from 7-zip website http://www.7-zip.org/

5. monty the motorhome

Any compression program will open it regardless of .rar .zip .???

Its compressed to keep altogether and help on bandwith.

6. makems

makems Funster Life Member

7. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Can't find it on my iPad. Would you mind reporting please?
    Thanks .

8. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Sorry, spell checker got the better of me. It's should have said reposting.

9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Yesss.. of course they did Mike.. thats why we can all open a zipped file and iPad users cannot open virtually any sort of file unless it is a picture or htm !! :Rofl1:
    Really modern and up to date that system isn't it !! LOL !!!

But to the OP..

My reply is thus..

Dear Nick West ( area Manager )
    It is heart warming to find an area so completely out of any fiscal issues it can afford to ensure a growing number of possible visitors are made to feel unwelcome .. What a change to other holiday destinations in the UK who are desperate to encourage tourists

Long may your town ( a town permanently scrubbed off the list of places to spend money by approx 30,000 motorhome users ) continue to prosper and out perform financially most other east coast resorts

• Like Like x 1
  10. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Well thanks for that useful link.:Angry:

It has just opened about 200 new tabs by itself on my android tablet!:Doh:

Have just managed to reset the unit, now its bedtime!:Smile:

11. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Pretty much exactly the same size

12. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

For those with ipads and or no program to open a compressed file...

Nick West B.Tech., C.Eng., M.I.C.E.
    Area Manager
    Highways & Transportation
    Area 3 – Whitby Office
    Our ref: MOTORHOME CONSULTATION Discovery Way
    Whitby, YO22 4PZ
    Fax: 01947 820314
    e-mail: area3.whitby@northyorks.gov.uk
    www.northyorks.gov.uk

3rd June 2014
    Dear Sir/Madam,

CONSULTATION RE. MOTOR CARAVAN PROHIBITION – VARIOUS LOCATIONS

Filey Road, Cayton Bay, Osgodby Hill, Cayton Bay, The Beach, Filey, Crescent Hill, Filey, The Crescent, Filey, Sandsend Road, Sandsend, North Promendade, Whitby, East Terrace, Whitby, Royal Crescent, Whitby, Love Lane, Whitby, North Terrace, Whitby, Church Street, Whitby, Royal Albert Drive, Scarborough, Sandside, Scarborough, Foreshore Road, Scarborough, Esplanade, Scarborough.

As you may be aware, the County Council, as Highway Authority, introduced temporary traffic restrictions in 2012 to prevent motor caravans parking between the hours of 11pm and 7am at the above locations. In order to make these measures permanent, the Council is required to consult those directly affected by the proposal. The purpose of this letter is to provide you with details of the restrictions and allow you the opportunity to express your views.
    Attached is a plan showing the extent of the restrictions in hatched red, and a simple questionnaire to enable you to signify your view(s). Please return questionnaires by 10th July 2014.
    North Yorkshire County Council welcomes those using motor caravans to its sea-side resorts. The relevant streets are sea-front locations, where it is considered that the overnight parking of motor caravans significantly detracts from the amenity of the local area and the lives of those living in the streets.
    If there are no reasonable objections to the proposals, it is anticipated that the restrictions will be made permanent within six months from the end of the consultation period. If objections are raised which are not resolved or withdrawn, it will be necessary to report the matter to the County Council’s Area Committee which will decide on the course of action to be pursued.
    Yours faithfully

Nick West
    Area Manager

A “Motor Caravan” is a vehicle of category M with living accommodation space which contains the following equipment as a minimum:

(a) seats and table;
    (b) sleeping accommodation which may be converted from the seats;
    (c) cooking facilities;
    (d) storage facilities

The definition is contained within European Directive 2007/46/EC.

Q1 Contact name ____________________________________

Q2 Contact address Q3 Telephone/fax/email

____________________________ __________________________

Q4 Do you support the introduction of a traffic regulation order that prohibits motor
    caravans from parking on the highway any day from 11pm to 7am?
    (please tick one box only)

Q5 Would you support an exemption from the above order for anyone displaying a
    blue badge in a motor caravan? (please tick one box only)

Q6 Would you support an exemption for residents that own a motor caravan and live
    on any of the streets directly affected by the order? (please tick one box only)

Q7 Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding motor caravan
    prohibition? (please write below…)

FOI Statement
    Your views are important and you are urged to complete the questionnaire without delay. Your name and address is required for the analysis of the survey. Forms that are returned incomplete cannot be included. You should also be aware that this is a public consultation and that once submitted, your comments may be held on a public file and may be made available for others to read under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

The rest of the docs are pdfs with maps showing areas affected.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

yeah .. my PC can do everything.. must be old fashioned.. :Doh:

yet another reason not to buy an iPad :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  14. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Sorry John but the most that will achieve is to be dismissed as a whinge.

Rightly or wrongly NYCC and SBC have decided, having received representations from motorhome owners and others, that a ban best serves the overall public interest. Simply restating the same arguments will not work and having a go at the councils could even be counterproductive in that it could entrench their views.

The only way the ban will be rescinded is for someone to put together real evidence that the ban is actually against the public interest.

15. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The comment is meant for no one but us forum members.
    It is how I feel about it and how I expressed those feelings to folk on here Graham

• Like Like x 3
  16. voyager 1

voyager 1 Read Only Funster

How is a ban best serving the overall public interest
    I would like to hear the views from any motorhome owner who actualy supported this. I don`t think that SBC took the any views of any motorhome users only views of local residents

Why not ban all parking for all vehicles between the alloted hours, at least then you wouldn`t feel so dicriminated against

l

17. jezport

jezport Funster

I have filled the form,
    They have already changed their letter as they retracted their original email and sent a second one. NYCC is an absolute joke.

Their second email was sent with someone elses email who had requested one. Their name and email address was there for me to see. I will be considering making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office re the breach of data protection.

If you can see someone elses email address I suggest you complain to the council and ICO.

What a joke dont the council train people about data protection?

18. JJ

JJ Funster

:restmycase::restmycase::restmycase:

JJ :Cool:

19. jezport

jezport Funster

Just email Area3.Whitby@northyorks.gov.uk and ask for the consultation questionnaire

You will receive them as PDFs which even Ipads can open:Smile:

20. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

I can't say that I'm familiar with every street mentioned, but I'm fairly sure that Royal Albert Drive, S'bro has no residents and is wide enough for 4 vehicles side-by-side, so I wonder what amenity is being denied to the good burghers of the town? When I parked there I noted a 3.5t restriction, although the roadway is very regularly used by double-deck buses.

In fact, I wonder what amenity is being denied in any of those places by motorhomes parking between the hours of 11pm and 7am?

This is, quite simply, an attempt to force MHs to use campsites. Given that there are no facilities of interest to the MH community, I doubt that many could remain stationary for more than a few days before they needed to drive off to fill and empty water containers (although I guess somebody would transport them by foot/bike/toad in order to maintain a prime spot), so it's not as if there should be a fear of a semi-permanent encampment. I would be surprised if the outcome of this consultation is not a foregone conclusion, but it might be in "our" interests to respond with as many carefully completed questionnaires as possible. TBH, how many residents of Whitby/S'bro/Filey are going to respond other than those who live along the named roads?

Fight the good fight with all thy might - Gordon

• Like Like x 1