Motorhome Mags

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by whiskers27, Aug 18, 2009.

1. whiskers27

whiskers27 Read Only Funster

Hi All

What do you rate as the best motorhome magazine, and the most useful book to a newbie I have purchased the Motorhome Journal and the motorhome checklist which i think are both fantastic idea, but now im looking for somthing which tells me the ins and outs the do's and dont,s the idiot guide to motorhoming so when i go away and havnt got internet access to gain the info from here i have got a reference point in the book.

look forward to your replies

:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Hi Whiskers I buy MMM monthly and also receive American RV Magazine. They are both a useful source of info in addition to MHF.

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i believe the Haynes motorhome manual is full of useful stuff, at a price, but is very generalized.
    a new edition is now out with aditional info.

you could request it at your local library if its not in stock and have a free look thought it before buying.:thumb:

never seen one so i dont know the content and it could be on a par with the modern Haynes workshop manuals......absolute rubbish :Doh:

ps....MMM on subscription for me.

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I used to but MMM, Motor Caravan and Practical Motorhome but found there was too much in them that wasn't of interest (foreign travel especially) so stopped buying.

Used to pick up Motorhome Monthly at the local Morrisons but then they revamped the store and stopped all the free magazines. We get the CC magazine as part of our subscription.

Much more focussed information is available here :Smile:

Graham

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

If I'm passing a local market I look for out of date motorhome mags.. otherwise I wouldn't buy.. full of adverts, travel articles and not a lot more..

Forums are the very best places to get info .. and a good argument :Laughing:

you can learn about al sorts on here, from anal glands to hypertension ... :Rofl1:

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Must agree have stopped MMM this month, Money not well spent.

7. weymard

weymard Read Only Funster

:BigGrin: Buy THE french magazine : Le Monde du Camping-Car :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. nicklb

nicklb Read Only Funster

I was looking for a MH for about 18 months and get MMM, find it interesting, possibly because we are still new but what the hey, I look forward to it coming through my door, I do believe there is s new mag out this month, I think it is called Go motorhome but have not seen it yet

9. johnnerontheroad

johnnerontheroad Read Only Funster

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I used to read the MMM mag from cover to cover, but after a few years it just got a bit "same old" and carried more and more adds. I tend to only pick a copy up at shows these days. That mag alone must have destroyed miles of rain forest and if you have more than two in the van, then you are probably overweight:Smile: