Motorhome hire

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by indyP, Aug 28, 2012.

1. indyP

indyP Read Only Funster

Hi All,

A newbie to the site and to the world of motorhome. My wife and I, hopefully, will be buying our first motorhome within the next cpl of years, and have already begun our search.
    We would like to hire a motorhome next year to make sure it's definately for us. My question is, where is a good place to look to hire a motorhome, and am I right in thinking, the continent is a better start than the UK. We are thinking France or Spain but open to suggestions.

Any help will be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Phil

2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Can't help with your questions I'm afraid but :welcome: instead.

3. woodmotorhomes

woodmotorhomes

Hi Phil
    It really is a great idea to hire first it gives you a good idea of exactly what you do & don't want in terms of layout size etc.
    I have 2 motorhomes that I hire out & am more than happy to have a chat about anything you need to know if that would help you.
    I haven't had any experience of hiring abroad but have had more trips in my motorhome all over Europe each one very different & worth every mile!!
    I would love to hire to you but if you just want some info or pick just to pick my brains I'd be more than happy to chat to you.
    Website is Spam Removed
    Good luck
    Jo

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Peter ( owner of Johns Cross, look, there on the right --> ) must be asleep. You could hire from him near the chunnel and hot foot it to France. He might sell you one on your return. What you will not get is scammed. no claims for damage you did not do etc.