Motorhome Hire (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
As you may gather from my introduction we are intending to hire a motorhome this September. It seems the easiest way to try and see before we comit ourselfs to the outlay on our own motorhome.
Has any one had any dealings with "Lincoln Motorhome Hire". The motorhome we like the looks of is a "Mooveo/673". This is one of there smaller units. My ideal choice would have been something VW T4/5 based but there was nothing like that available in our area for the dates we wanted. Any thoughts or warnings would be apreciated:thanks2:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Looks great, enjoy. Much roomier than the VW, how many are going?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, sorry don't know this company, but a lot of these hire vans are peoples own vans, and they rent them out, like an agent for them. If it was me I would use a motorhome dealer with their own vans, :Smile:

I'v known people to loose out on their holiday, because they hired private, and the week before the vans in a accident and they have nothing else to offer, but that's only my thoughts.

But if they own the vans no problem, I would say they would have to find something for you. :thumb:

Plus I would not feel so bad hitting their van, as I would knowing its someone pride and joy.:winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Thanks Folks

I did check the price of hiring from a dealer compared to others:Eeek: It was a good job I was sat down. I had a suspicion that this was the case as they have diferent models in diferent areas. The adrress for the van is diferent from the office in Lincoln. The main address is Motorhome UK.
There will only be the two of us going as we are at the "us and not the atached stage". They get the dog we get a holiday. A good tactic we found was to say "Pay for youre selfs and you can come with us". They are both poor students so we are on a winner.:thumb:
We thought of the T4 because I know they will fit on the drive, I drove yellow one for work in the past.
The one we are thinking of hiring looks nice and having a fixed bed looks ok for quike set up at night leaving plenty of living space, oh and a built in bathroom. No more early morning run to the toilets with the kids.:roflmto:
Again thanks folks. Lots of time to think and listen to the experts out there.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back