Free Member
Mar 22, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I find it takes a long time to open and when open, takes long time to open forums. My 6 month old laptop is on windows 10 and provider is orange, please help
GEOMAR

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Works for me...maybe you have a slow connection.....

B&Q website on the other hand, quicker to get in the car and go to the store.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It helps to know how many users it affects and their specific OS/browser/ISP just in case @Jim needs to take a look... but I'm with @DanielFord .. clean your cache if you haven't already.
I was going to say that it appears fine on my 100mb fibre internet, but then I realised that that was not exactly helpful! :blusher:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
running fine here on win 7 , with chrome , on fibre

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks but doesn't really help
GEOMAR

I also have a 6 month old laptop running windows 10 and tonight things are running fine

that suggests to me it must be your laptop or your connection, I often have similar slow running, which I blame on BT, I guess a key will be are other web sites any quicker

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My connection speed has been down well below 1m all day ( it is still low now )
Gonna fone talktalk tomorrow if it has not improved..
I do not get a high speed even normally ( about 4.5m ) but now.. I might as well send a letter rather than email !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And today it is back up to the normal whizzy 4.5 m .. WOW !!! LOL !

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I was going to say that it appears fine on my 100mb fibre internet, but then I realised that that was not exactly helpful! :blusher:
I am also on 100mb on Virgin with a clear cache but Fun has also been slow for me for the past few days using firefox and others. seems ok today but time will tell...(y)

Reactions: JSW

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
All well for me lately although my download speed is down this morning to 8.27 from a normal 11+.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Fun has been really slow for me lately using the Edge browser but it is OK with Chrome, both are the latest versions and the computer is otherwise OK.

In general Edge does perform better overall for me when using this Surface Pro 4, I have touch and scrolling problems with Chrome even having enabled the relevant Flags. I need to investigate Edge a bit more to see what the problem is. From other people's comments and my experience with Chrome, it is not actually Fun itself that is slow.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Reporting back quickly that I have solved my slow Fun with Edge:)

I did not have Adblock plus installed on Edge but I did on Chrome, installing it now has made a big difference to the loading speed.

What surprises me is that the adverts served with Fun seem to slow it down so much for me.

OP
OP
GEOMAR

GEOMAR

Free Member
Mar 22, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi funsters
thanks I will try chrome
Geomar

OP
OP
GEOMAR

GEOMAR

Free Member
Mar 22, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I have installed chrome and speeded up fun .I also installed adblock plus but I still get all the ads on fun
Geomar

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I find it takes a long time to open and when open, takes long time to open forums. My 6 month old laptop is on windows 10 and provider is orange, please help
GEOMAR

Perfect here. Using Firefox.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Try Ghostery as your browser.
It's blocked five elements on this page - including Facebook & Twitter buttons, which are notorious for slowing webpages, especially on a slower connection.

I also use adblockers, but that is a moral dilemma as Jim wants the revenue to defray the costs of running this site :confused:.

Haven't Orange/EE started their own Ad Blocking?
Maybe that's slowing things down too.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I also use adblockers, but that is a moral dilemma as Jim wants the revenue to defray the costs of running this site :confused:.

I did think about whitelisting Fun because of that revenue issue but there are just too many adverts which slow it down too much for me even though my connection speed and computer are OK. If there were one or two adverts that would be OK, but Adblocker is showing that it has blocked 12 adverts on this page and that is about the average that I have noticed.

I have got some sites whitelisted in Adblocker, those are sites that I value for their content and for which I do not pay a subscription, they have to be supported somehow. I had a recollection that this site removed adverts for subscribers, but I must be getting confused with another site as I cannot find a setting that removes adverts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back