Motorhome campsite in Berlin

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by campa cola, Apr 14, 2013.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Hi does anyone have any recent experience of this site in Berlin ?

http://www.reisemobilstation.com/index.php/en/contact.html

An unusual place but close to the metro and the city centre, I don't plan to spend to much time living there, just sleep & maybe cook breakfast for a few days.....
    TIA

2. lorger

lorger Funster

Havent used it but would be very interested to hear from folk that have as i intend going to Berlin in Sept and need to be close to the City.

3. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

Here is another place you can try near to the centre of Berlin
    www.stellplatz-berlin.de
    It has a website with an English translation, I live in Germany and intend to try it soon.

Happy Camping:Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  4. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Hi Tim, I did look at this site on Google Earth & their website, it seems much better organised and I would want to stay there during the day.
    However it is a fair trek to the metro from there & my mate is staying near the centre of Berlin so wanted to be closer to him.reisemobilstation is a turn up & see if we have spaces job, and I am not clear if the entrance gate is secured or not, as you can turn up anytime to pitch....apparently.

5. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

Stellaplatz

The germans (and the rest of europe) really have it sorted, many of the bigger campsites have areas designated for motorhomes which are outside the main areas, you can normally park for upto 3 days and can book your pitch, electric and access to showers and toilets via a vending machine which issues you with a card which you use to load your EHU and gives you access to the ablutions as a swipe card. Although the electric can be a little pricey the price of the pitch is around £10 a night, compared with £25 on the site. Most of the towns also have Stellaplatz which are either free or very cheap. We are due to come home next year back to rip off Britain, although I do miss some things in UK the over priced over crowded campsites is not one of them.

We live in Northern Germany about 2 hours from Berlin so if we can give you any advice for your trip we will be delighted to help.

Regards

Tim:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. RSB138

RSB138 Funster

stelplatz-berlin.de

We stayed in this site in July 2012 very good 10 minitues walk to the Metro 15 mins to the centre of Berlin we enjoyed 4 days stay it also is in the emission free zone.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  7. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Tim
    I'd like to take you up on that offer of help. I'm planning on coming to Berlin to run the marathon in September and need somewhere to stay for a few nights. I emailed the one outside the city asking about times of the metro on a Sunday morning and think it was lost in translation as they just sent me details of their site. So would you be able to find out if the metro runs on a Sunday and if so what time from the nearest to this site.

Thanks
    Gerry

8. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

Gerry,

Sorry only just picked up on your reply, will get back to you later this week with an answer.

Tim

• Like Like x 1
  9. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks Tim

No hurry as not going until September

Gerry

10. Gosport Tim

Gosport Tim Funster

Gerry,

Took a bit of digging but the site below is the Berlin Metro website, it does translate into English and gives you timings (24hrs) and a underground map. :thumb:

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/17103

• Like Like x 1
  11. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks Tim will have a wee nosy at it. If your near Berlin that's a pint I owe you when I'm there lol