Morrocco earthquake (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Its amazing what pops up in searches, when you are trying to look stuff up.

Apparentlly 1st November 1755 an earthquake hit, practically destroying lisbon, and killing an estimateof 40 to 50,000 people thoughout Portugal, Spain and north Africa, 10,000 of which were in north Africa. The current earthquake is devastating and horrendous for the people involved, but I cannot even start to imagine the consequences of a quake like the one described above, if it happened today.

Scary stuff.😱

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
In Agadir at the moment not in van . Just had an earthquake 6.4 brown trousers time. Sat outside waiting for all clear. Bar closed and drinks left on balcony .
Pleased to hear you are safe after this tragic event. It must have been awful for you

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Just been watching the news, and looking at the usgs website the epicenter looks like roughly halfway between Marrakesh and Agadir.

We are a little concerened about a friend who has a hotel and hostel not far to the east of the epicenter it gets used a lot for school education trips, but also as a base for climbing in the Atlas mountins. He may not actually be there himself, but obviously will have friends staff and clients there. Luckily I cannot imagine any school trips this time of year.
Relief, just seen a fb post from our friend, he was there, but luckily all staff and guests are unhurt, but damage in the area is not good.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't normally watch the news but saw it last night on BBC quite a long report with a reporter on the ground at the epicentre. Saying that the Amy and others are heading there to help but they lack heavy plant to clear the rubble, so it's going to be a slow process. In the village 50 of the 200 population are known to have died.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back