Morrocco advice

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Gobil, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Gobil

Gobil Read Only Funster

Hi Guys,

I'll be going to Morrocco soon and would welcome some advice. In particular, the gas situation, our tour will be through France Spain and Portugal, with 1 month + in Morrocco. Which is the best alround gas solution. I currently have an Irish propane tank (we will be in the Pyrenees so need propane) with an Irish reg, I also have a UK regulator. The connection to the solid gas line in the van in via a nut on the solid line, and a screw on the orange tube leading to the tanks.

Any other tips on touring Morrocco welcome!

cheers,

G

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You've not had a bite yet so here is what I think the situation is.

Not good news. All fittings are incompatible from country to country. Serious travellers seem to buy local tanks and regulators.

Even the Galsow solution falls over outside France.

Gas everywhere in Morocco, cheap, but you'll need the local tanks.

We did 3 weeks in Morocco on less than one Gaslow tank of gas, so didn't have to buy any over there. Didn't stop us panicking though.

3. JJ

JJ Funster

I don't understand this statement Brian... there must be some misunderstanding... I fill my Gaslow system all over Portugal... GPL stations all over the place...

Maybe I read it wrong...

JJ

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Not at all, I'm talking bollox. Did not know the situation in Portugal.

Anyway, he's not got Gaslow. He needs advice on cylinders and you are the man to ask.

5. bambi 2

bambi 2 Read Only Funster

morocco advice

We are in Morocco, we had our gas tank filled in Portugal and still have plenty in our tank after almost 2 months, we carry a small 908 camping gas bottle, as a back up, we sometimes use that to cook outside on a small stove, we exchanged this when it was used up at a little shop outside the campsite we were staying at for 25 dirhams roughly two and a half euros. hope this is of help to you. bambi 2 :Smile:

6. Gobil

Gobil Read Only Funster

hmmm..

any way I could fill my 11.5 kg Irish propane tank on the continent? Then perhaps buy a cylinder and regulator in Morrocco?

The Irish cylinder has a srew-on female large diameter type fitting.

7. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

We were in Morocco 2 seasons ago and I found a filling plant that filled our Porugese bottles for us, the gas pland was in Agadir to the north of the town, near the docks.

I have no more info but I'm sure that there will be other places doing the same thing.

Doug...

8. smiler

smiler Deleted User

Morroco advise

Hi last year you could no longer get gas cylinder refilled at the gas depot in Agadir, but there was a Man with a Van who visited various camp sites that could at twice the price it was in previous years. So gas is still no problem in Morocco