LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If Fruit Pastel and Phil the Photo want pics of Morocco you should get your bums over here :)

Bit difficult for us Mark - Lynda had a hip replacement last November 29th and we just got home today from her pre op for the other one doing. So as you can imagine we won't be gallivanting too far until she's had the green light, otherwise we would have been there this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its amazing on the road to sidi kouki just how many tortoises run out across the road etc .
always been like it. its one of those places that you just dont ever forget.
have fun i,m sure you will.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
its amazing on the road to sidi kouki just how many tortoises run out across the road etc .
always been like it. its one of those places that you just dont ever forget.
have fun i,m sure you will.

I remember when we came over in the 70’s Al there was also loads of chameleons not seen any for last 4 years, maybe they got better at disguising them self’s :) or its my eyesight

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Bit difficult for us Mark - Lynda had a hip replacement last November 29th and we just got home today from her pre op for the other one doing. So as you can imagine we won't be gallivanting too far until she's had the green light, otherwise we would have been there this year.

Yes I Know that Ken, only jesting you and David Bailey:) I knew about the op thru FB, I also had a message from Linda a few days ago saying how she was missing Maroc
Hopefully we’ll all meet up 2019 god willing,
I’ll keep posting from time to time so you guys get your fix, the thread has been a tad quiet.
Be lucky

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For those yet to venture to Morocco, we're currently at Las Palomes in Algeciras and the overnight parking has changed a bit. First off, the "new" parking area close to Carlos' office, despite now having an "Autocaravannas" sign is full of locals cars, leaving not much room - don't know if it gets better later.
The other main place by Mercadonna, just by Leroy-Merlin, is all fenced off; looks like they're building a new centro commerciale. Folk are parked around Norauto - may go and check the rest of the area later. We're overnighting here 'cos we've been to Carrefour for a big shop and can't be bothered to move on - our intended campsite, Sureurope at La Linea, doesn't allow dogs.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I remember when we came over in the 70’s Al there was also loads of chameleons not seen any for last 4 years, maybe they got better at disguising them self’s :) or its my eyesight
think too many got taken back to germany. used to see loads of them being kept in the german vans .
fetched good money i was told.
they lived quite happy though in folks vans .
but that road to sidi as you left the main road by the water tower always as you drove along it was if they were playing last one across .
we used to like it at the southern end stop up by the houses there.
not so good once the road got opened up though. changed alot over the years .

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
For those yet to venture to Morocco, we're currently at Las Palomes in Algeciras and the overnight parking has changed a bit. First off, the "new" parking area close to Carlos' office, despite now having an "Autocaravannas" sign is full of locals cars, leaving not much room - don't know if it gets better later.
The other main place by Mercadonna, just by Leroy-Merlin, is all fenced off; looks like they're building a new centro commerciale. Folk are parked around Norauto - may go and check the rest of the area later. We're overnighting here 'cos we've been to Carrefour for a big shop and can't be bothered to move on - our intended campsite, Sureurope at La Linea, doesn't allow dogs.
We parked outside Norauto last week Terry, and we parked by the port the night before we crossed, it was only a few km in the morning, a lot better IMO

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
...the "new" parking area close to Carlos' office, despite now having an "Autocaravannas" sign is full of locals cars, leaving not much room - don't know if it gets better later.

When I was there beginning of December it was quite full with cars, but they cleared out in the evening - when I left for the ferry at 6 a.m. it was practically empty.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
'Heads up' if your heading for Imsouane.
My mate who was their yesterday said a soldier and a member from the campsite told him they had to either move into the campsite or leave the area. The soldier is obviously being paid by the campsite owner. You should be ok during the day but will be given an ultimatum as it gets dark.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The other main place by Mercadonna, just by Leroy-Merlin, is all fenced off; looks like they're building a new centro commerciale. Folk are parked around Norauto - may go and check the rest of the area later.

And just to call me a liar, all the barriers have now been taken away. Looks like they're converting one of the old shop buildings into a distribution centre for Leroy-Merlin.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
'Heads up' if your heading for Imsouane.
My mate who was their yesterday said a soldier and a member from the campsite told him they had to either move into the campsite or leave the area. The soldier is obviously being paid by the campsite owner. You should be ok during the day but will be given an ultimatum as it gets dark.

We were heading there after here, Sam read the same yesterday, will prob head to the wildcamp at Tamri now

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
We are travelling down towards Casablanca from Asilah tomorrow and we need a site with washing & Drying facilities??? Any suggestions please?

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Cakey and Canopus, I'm here on camping agadir, it's no better than last year, and I think the French here are even more possessive about their 'plots' than ever!!

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Cakey and Canopus, I'm here on camping agadir, it's no better than last year, and I think the French here are even more possessive about their 'plots' than ever!!
Surely the rain can't be coming down as bad

Dennisad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2015
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome EB
Exp
New July 2015
We made it down to Mohammedia staying at L'Ocean Bleu it has washing facilities just need the rain to stop so we can dry things. What is the weather like elsewhere today?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi Everyone,

Been following from the start on this thread and most of last year too... I have a question and hope someone can answer or give advice,

Are there over winter long termers in Morocco ? Not the ones that may be moving around but anyone that drives down to the better weather and stay on a site for say, nov-end of March ...? A bit like the snowbirds in Spain ....

Are there any good sites near towns for plenty to do... and what do they charge..?

Just had a thought, is there a time limit you can stay over there.?

Lots of questions I know but sure I’ll get a few answers...thanks....(y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Firstly the visa for Maroc only lasts for 3 months. You can stay longer but you have to reside at a camp site (temporary address) in order for you to apply for an extension to the visa. Dont know anyone who has done it, and could imagine fun and games when you get to the port to go back across to Spain.

Campistes close to Agadir are busy and often difficult to get in at on spec. If you want action then Marakech or Agadir would best fit the bill or even Casablanca.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes thousands do it . cant give prices as i always avoid campsites . but many use a campsite as the base for getting an extention to stay longer . when elizabeth ran camping international at tagahzoute lots stayed there all winter . mind alot used tiznet as they used to say it was easier there. some of us used to ferry to canary isles for a few days and come back when there was the ferry,or go up to ceuta and drive down again .
did use campsite years ago when it was 15-20 dirham a night . mind that was about 20 yrs ago.
if i was going i would always go via ceuta then if you want to stay longer thats great. use tangiers and go to ceuta for a few days and try to get back into maroc if they stop you possibly your return ferry should be tangiers so you would need to buy another from ceuta .
mind some do ferry to melilla for same reasons .

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We made it down to Mohammedia staying at L'Ocean Bleu it has washing facilities just need the rain to stop so we can dry things. What is the weather like elsewhere today?
We’ve had some great weather in the agadir area, but it has just started raining....

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Jinxed us.
Thunder storm later tonight confirm raining now !!!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Hi Everyone,

Been following from the start on this thread and most of last year too... I have a question and hope someone can answer or give advice,

Are there over winter long termers in Morocco ? Not the ones that may be moving around but anyone that drives down to the better weather and stay on a site for say, nov-end of March ...? A bit like the snowbirds in Spain ....

Are there any good sites near towns for plenty to do... and what do they charge..?

Just had a thought, is there a time limit you can stay over there.?

Lots of questions I know but sure I’ll get a few answers...thanks....(y)

We like Tafraoute. Not a campsite, but plenty of folks spend weeks/months there over the period of jan-may.
10 dirhams a night (€1) though you do have to pay for water - €2.50 for all the water you can store (but not drink) only drink bottled water!
Enough eating places in town, local market, almond festival, walking, sightseeing, role-playing restaurants, cycle tours, historic landmarks, and that is only what we have done....but it is all personal taste.
First time we visited we came for a couple of days and stayed for two weeks.....third time stayed for two months!
Will be there in a week and can't wait......
20140205_203010.jpg
20160305_112435-1.jpg
20160308_191357-1.jpg

20160309_140659-1.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We like Tafraoute. Not a campsite, but plenty of folks spend weeks/months there over the period of jan-may.
10 dirhams a night (€1) though you do have to pay for water - €2.50 for all the water you can store (but not drink) only drink bottled water!
Enough eating places in town, local market, almond festival, walking, sightseeing, role-playing restaurants, cycle tours, historic landmarks, and that is only what we have done....but it is all personal taste.
First time we visited we came for a couple of days and stayed for two weeks.....third time stayed for two months!
Will be there in a week and can't wait...... View attachment 210892 View attachment 210889 View attachment 210890
View attachment 210893

That’s great, that’s the stuff I need to hear, great photos, the last one, is that the new housing estate going up...;):LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back