Morocco 2017 (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Sorry for delayed response but for some reason Opera won't let me reply to a thread so I've reverted to Chrome.

Anyway, that's a nice thought Hotelman and thank you.

But happy to report that on Monday morning I asked the young man running the site for help; within half an hour a guy turned up on a moto, chased and caught a cow (versatile these Moroccans), then took the wheel off and took it away for repair. Wish I'd managed a photo of him, the guardian AND the wheel on the moto!

Less than an hour later he was back, refitted the wheel and showed me the half a broken screw he'd taken out of the tread. Job done, KwikFit eat your heart out. Mind you, he did use my tools and jack!

What did he charge -out of interest?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Erkount Valentine Party

120 mad pp
Starter
Morocan soup / Salad

Main
Pastille / Kefta Tagine

Dessert
Gateaux

Soft drinks and water included but you can bring your own alcohol. ....

Morocan Music bit of French and a bit of me

They will be coming round with the menu tomorrow and taking numbers.

Plenty of space here and dry pitches .
You won't be on the roof this time then Graham!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi PhilandMena, apparently about 50 guests for the Valentine bash at 200mad a pop. Just demolished the Dorada and litre of red, hick, -- will wander over to the festivities for a butchers of the great gathering and report back!
We really miss the fresh fish in Maroc. I eat a ton of fresh Dorada last year and John Dory if and when. YUM.
Two hundred MAD does sound very excessive to me. On our last two visits we have went to a couple /three group meals (One was in that well known house at Tafroute where everybody has to dress up and all in all great fun with superb food) Another under the big tent in Tafroute where we could bring our own drink, provide our own entertainment and eat Tagines). Whilst we enjoyed these greatly and in particular the company we were in, we were not charged anything like 200 MAD. At that price there needs to be a shed load of Berber strippers, a hog roast and gallons of wine from the Meknes vineyards. I do hope they have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6795.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6800.JPG
    IMG_6800.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6804.JPG
    IMG_6804.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 38
  • P1090974.JPG
    P1090974.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 37
  • P1090975.JPG
    P1090975.JPG
    393.7 KB · Views: 42
  • P1090981.JPG
    P1090981.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 38
  • P1090986.JPG
    P1090986.JPG
    341.1 KB · Views: 35
  • P1090988.JPG
    P1090988.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 37

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
The Valentines do at Wassey beach was mostly all German's. Before the main meal was served, the entertainment was a troupe of Berber's trying their best to whip up a happy atmosphere. One of the group had an upturned polished drum brake and two steel chopsticks knocking out a drum rhythum, while three others accompanied on tambourine type drums with the other 9 in the troupe dancing behind in a kind of conga around the tables -- However, more than most of the German's could not find the spirit or to be infected by the Berber enthusiasm for the party atmosphere.

The main meal nevertheless proved to be spectacular -- no less than three half sheep studded with cocktail squares of cheese and a black olive, expertly carved to leave only the meat of the animal whilst still retaining it's shape, boneless and looking most succulent when carved. This was served on large silver platters and accompanied with Moroccan couscous in a help yourself container. Unfortunately, with only one carver in attendance, an un-orderly queue soon developed to saviour -- and quite normal for the German character discontent soon set in with the ponderous distribution of the meat.

I left the proceedings at that point and found the Berber's around a small fire -- presumably awaiting a signal for a return rendition or perhaps another attempt with different tune and dance to liven the soiree.

All in all and on reflection, if in attendance with three or four other inebriated couples with a copious supply of our own wine, 200dirhams might be a good deal to show up the stern Germanic disposition and how the Brits can party and really make an ass of ourselves!!

P.S. especially with Suggy and dabhand supplying the sounds.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just thought I would give you all some info on the state of all my filters after just having the motorhome serviced. When we visited Moroc last year all the filters were new and this time around I asked the garage to keep the filters so I could inspect them. The guy who changed them for me said he had never seen so much sand in his life and every filter was minging. I had a look myself and he was right, they took an absolute hammering. (I should have took some pictures and put them on here). Anyway, just though I would give you the heads up on that. Next year if we visit, I will arrange for the filters/service to be done as soon as I cross back into Spain. Probably be a lot cheaper than the UK too.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Where are all the Brits in Morocco?

We're at the lovely Camping Kasbah de la Palmerie at Agdz and haven't seen a single British reg since we left Tafraout. There seem to be more French around this year - there's an unconnected gaggle of them parked at the other end of the site to us about 1 metre apart (do they get lonely if they have to park further away?) - and plenty of German and Dutch too.

15FebB.jpg

Full facilities (although the gas bottle heating the showers has run out!), bread from reception in the morning and tours of the adjacent renovated kasbah. Even the electric is a reliable 6 amps, although to be fair the site is less than a third full. The swimming pool is closed for the winter. It's about 2km from the town itself in a sort of suburb along what the book describes as piste but we found a proper metalled road. 92 MAD per night.

Incidentally, there's a brand new road N9 almost completed, except for one short section round a rockfall and the road markings, between Zagora and Agdz (might go further, find out tomorrow). It's the best road we've ever found anywhere in Morocco, better than the motorways too. Doesn't hurt that it also passes through the very picturesque Vallee de Draa and it's palmeries.

14FebC.jpg

So come on you lot, spread your wings a bit!

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Sssh, please don't tell everyone what a great country this please, our secret !!!

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
We were at Wassey beach with Martin and Sue and had a long chat. They were on their way to Erkourt after finding out that the Brits had more or less left Tafroute at this point. They were very distraught to get bad news about an in-laws passing and felt the need to head home immediately. Very sorry to see them depart as they were really looking forward to the trip after missing last year!!

Hope this post doesn't offend -- but thought I would give a heads up to others who know Martin & Sue and that they are both well within themselves apart from their distressing news.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Sorry to leave my last post so short.I did write several different drafts but they all seemed wrong and as you know once you start a reply you have to put something.
So we had to abort 'cause Sue's mum passed away Tuesday night.
Bless her she would hate to be the cause of us having to rush home.But we need to get back to sort things out.
None of you knew her but please feel free to raise a glass R.I.P Joan Lade

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Gl
Sorry to leave my last post so short.I did write several different drafts but they all seemed wrong and as you know once you start a reply you have to put something.
So we had to abort 'cause Sue's mum passed away Tuesday night.
Bless her she would hate to be the cause of us having to rush home.But we need to get back to sort things out.
None of you knew her but please feel free to raise a glass R.I.P Joan Lade
Sorry to hear your news, glass duely raised, love to Sue.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
R.I.P Joan. Safe trip home Martin & Sue.

Morocco will still be here next year.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Really sorry to hear the news.
Safe journey xxx

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
@cakey, we did head for one site, but apparently plants were growing through the shower floors.
We didn't stay lol

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a position report. Currently on Camping les Tamaris in the centre of Gualmima, perhaps the nicest site we've come across in Morocco. French owned, it's ex-municipal and has been fully renovated to European standards; large pitches marked with shrubs and trees, some shady some in full sun, reliable electric to each and water taps all over the place. Some recent new pitches and a new toilet block at far end of the site. Got a useable swimming pool, restaurant, posh lounge and the best m/h service point in Morocco! Mini zoo for the kids. Knock on the door this morning with a freshly cooked crepe for breakfast; you don't get that at the Caravan Club! 95 MAD. Only down side, it's behind the bus station and every bus announces it's intended departure by blasting it's horn! Not that busy though.

Had a great run up Gorges du Dades, stayed Thursday night at an auberge site at Ait Oudinar just at the beginning and yesterday continued as far as the road did - it ran out at some serious roadworks so, as planned anyway, we turned back down. Scenery was just as spectacular on the return.

Weather has been perfect - got a bit cool overnight at Ait Oudinar but we were 6000ft amsl! Sunshine a bit hazy today but forecast is wall-to-wall sun so we're heading to Merzouga on Monday.

And we still haven't seen any Brits! In fact everywhere since we left Tafraout it's been very quiet motorhome-wise, seen hardly any on the roads and the sites are all no more than a third full. Does somebody know something we don't?

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
We bought ours at a show at Malvern from a very trusting woman who lived up Yorkshire a few years ago. She posted in down to Plymouth when she went home as she did not have the size. We sent a cheque for sixty pounds for 6x2 meters --- so about a tenner a meter. Don't know the price in Maroc I'm afraid, but at least you have a guide of how much in the UK.

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
Just thought this might be of interest to other funsters. Been chatting to a couple of Brits who have just arrived at Wassey beach. Told us they went into Mauritania a couple of weeks ago. Got charged 75 Euro's cash going in and were not allowed out until they payed 750 Euro's cash. Ouch!!

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
We bought 2 patterned carpets/rug in the souk in Agadir. The only place we saw them 4x2mtrs 350mad. For both I think the rolls are slightly less. Happy hunting

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We bought ours at sidi wassy 2mt x 4 mt 200mad we didn't haggle as we thought it was about what expected, but not as cheap as our previous Moroccan mat.(@canopus )

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well, finally, a campsite in Morocco where the Brits are in a majority!

2 Brits & 1 German. Almost everybody cleared off this morning and the Brit arrived early afternoon.

Pretty busy here at Gualmima (and it's gone cloudy).

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Weve been at Amtoudi for two days unfortunatly wifi does not work there unless you take a hike to the top of the castle, arrived on site and was joined 30mins later by Suggy n Rosie aong with George n Ann, took a hike up to the castle yesterday then walked along the palmery to the other clifftop castle and onto the cascades,
left early today and now at Tafroute along with Suggy who has some French Neighbors and is sharing his Led Zepplin music with them :LOL:

DSCN5951.JPG

DSCN5954.JPG

DSCN5996.JPG

DSCN6013.JPG

DSCN6015.JPG

DSCN6026.JPG

DSCN6024.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.