Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Got to site and start to unpack. Look in the storage in the Alko chassis to be presented with half inch of water... Anyone with a Rapido a class or similar know the possible cause? I do have some kind of drainage above this but appears to be an overflow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Yes we were - lots of rain. We also just filled up with water too, all the way to the brim....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If not as suggested by Techno, my next suggestion would be a loose top cap on the water container, not sure on yours how you would get to this, nearly impossible on mine hopefully easier to find on yours

Maybe the previous owner had it open for something, some tanks you have to go inside to remove a drain plug for instance, may not have fully secured the cap

we did have a near identical problem with our Hymer when we first got it, turned out to be a split I the filler hose, when we travelled with tank full as we always did some water slopped back up the tube and out into our garage

If it is not raining on your way home (fat chance of that maybe :LOL:) and you also refill the water tank before you leave you can rule in or out the water off the road, I hope you will already have found the top cap loose and sorted the problem

Re reading your second post did you travel with a full tank? If not the more likely is rain, but did you look in the locker before you filled up?

Good luck (y)

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Thanks @DavidG58.

The missus was pretty sure the locker was dry this morning. Filled up when we got to the site so after the journey. The water seems pretty clean almost fresh. The top cap seems a possibility- I will try filling again before we leave and inspect whilst doing this to see if we can narrow the problem down.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
So. Tried to recreate what happened with the water issues here this morning.

Filled the water to brim, (the overflow isn't from the pipe in the compartment as I had expected, as it ran out via the normal dump valve).

So, got a hose and sprayed it for a good 5 mins top, sides, and underneath. Dry as a bone.

Now my missus is second guessing herself as she wonders if the water came in while she left the compartment door open while packing (it was raining).

Any ideas as without driving through rain again, I'm unsure what it could be, as we used the van as normal on site and stayed dry again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back