More Nissan blackmail

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wiljoy, Oct 15, 2016.

  1. wiljoy

    wiljoy Funster

    Joined:
    May 23, 2008
    Messages:
    843
    Likes Received:
    930
    Location:
    Crook, Durham
    I see that once again Nissan are bringing into play the Brexit card for money.
    Over the years they have always blackmailed various governments either to keep production of new model's or upgrade there plant. They've now discovered another angle today freeloader. No money has been mentioned yet but knowing Nissan or Renault they'll be receiving very large amount of cash to shut up.
     
  2. jonandshell

    jonandshell Funster

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2010
    Messages:
    5,259
    Likes Received:
    7,876
    Location:
    West Norfolk
    Any likely tariffs are offset by the weaker pound.
    It's time we started owning our own car factories.
     
  3. rangitira

    rangitira Funster

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Messages:
    6,261
    Likes Received:
    12,409
    Location:
    Cornwall
    Despite pre referendum "If you vote Brexit we'll leave" stand over tactics, just another Bully that has realised just where the grass is greener.

    Just 20% of their Cars goes to the UK and EU, the rest, 80%, goes "foreign"
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gromett

    Gromett Funster

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Messages:
    7,930
    Likes Received:
    13,981
    Location:
    UK
    You didn't give a link so I don't know what news article you are referring to.

    Yesterday the Nissan chief had a meeting with May and co and softened his stance somewhat.

    http://www.wsj.com/articles/nissan-chief-softens-tone-after-airing-brexit-concerns-1476454356

    Outside of the EU it is only Japan that has consistently been negative about Brexit.
     
    • Like Like x 1
Loading...

Share This Page