Mondial gt owners bewere

Discussion in 'Swift Motorhomes' started by dshague, Dec 23, 2013.

1. dshague

dshague Funster

i have a swift mondial GT 2009 ....the passenger side rear brake light bulb has blown ..no problem you say .well when you look at taking out rear light cluster ...swift as only gone and built the shower room right up to rear of van ...looks like i have got to remove the back of store room and door .some of shower wall just to fit a bulb ..not a happy bunny ..need to use van and its flippin raining like mad ,,,don't suppose any gt owners have come across this .... if not you have been warned ,,,you can see photo just make out rear door /white bit /

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

At least its not a coachbuilt Swift or you could have got to it through the holes where the floor had rotted:RollEyes:

• Like Like x 5
  3. dshague

dshague Funster

there are no access panels on this side of van ..on other side they are carpeted over ...factory forgot to fit access panel on my ...van....

well today it stopped raining and i started the job ,remove shelf ,remove door gives more room to bend and see what you are doing ,cut out a access panel inside plywood sheet. there is a hot and cold pipe that needs unclipping to give access to cut outs to get to 17mm nuts that hold the light cluster..you need small hands to get to the one at the bottom,,changed all the bulbs wile removed ..refitted every thing two hour job ,,next time maybe one hour to change a bulb

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Would fitting LED bulbs prevent this? What is it with motorhome and vehicle builders? It now seems its a question of form over function and building around components.
    In the case of last series of Renault Clio the front end has to be partially dismantled to change the headlight bulb.

5. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

No different to the smart car! You need to remove 28 bolts to remove the whole front panel to change a headlight bulb, and don't get me started about not fitting a sump plug to drain the engine oil, you need to suck it up the dipstick hole,
    Obviously designed by a DIPSTICK:Eek!: