Mods to 2 single beds

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Alonsos, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Alonsos

Alonsos Funster

Hi
    Have done many improvements to my
    2010 Fiat Ducato Mondial GT in 4 months I've had it now looking at changing the 2 single beds to make a double ,
    The Mondial came in 2 singles or the ability to make up the double, the RL etc are different,
    I need to see a double set up & take pics to start the mod so ah flash of inspiration find a GT for sale & have a look at it BUT nearest one is always the other side of the country or the Outer Hebrides, (Ha)
    the GTs like mine seem to be like hens teeth,
    Do any of you kind souls have a Fiat Ducato Mondial GT 3 ltr 2010 ish I could sus the bed mod I would like to get on with or any info @ all
    Take Care you lovely lot.

2. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I know it would be the more expensive option, but I would have thought it would be better to buy the parts needed from the converter.
    If you do it yourself you will be very lucky to match the type and density of the existing mattress resulting in a very uncomfortable bed.

I'm very much in favour DIY but knowing how converters use multi layered different density foams which probably will not be easy to match in the after market.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alonsos

Alonsos Funster

Yes you're probably right in that , ime just trying to see what direction to go with mod at the moment
    Thanks for replying
    Take care