mobility scooter

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by carolynmaria139, Dec 7, 2010.

1. carolynmaria139

carolynmaria139 Read Only Funster

can anyone tell me the best way to charge a mobility scooter on our RV ,ta :Cool:

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

* On EHU and plug into one of the RVs 230v sockets .. (via an extension cable if required.)

* Off EHU you could use an inverter, but this would quickly drain the RV leisure batteries, the last thing you want to do when off of EHU ..

* Or use a 230v Inverter type generator such as Kipor or Honda , size required depends on the load of the scooter charger

3. Les

Les Funster

Mobility scooter charge

I use a Inverter works OK also charge on move leaving inverter on to keep batteries charged, inverter needs to be big enough for charger load
    also charge when ever you can keep it topped up
    good luck
    Les

4. ArmchairRVer

ArmchairRVer Read Only Funster

Second battery, off-scooter charging

Inverter works for me. Another thing, if you have a mobility scooter where the battery can be charged both on and off the scooter, you can get a second battery and always have one filled up just in case.

5. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We charge ours through the inverter - keeping batteries charged via our solar panel - the secret is to top up as needed or when you have spare battery power and not to let it run too low before charging, otherwise it will drain too much at once from your onboard batteries.

Nigel and Pamala

6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

can I add to this advice

If I may add to this advice.... scooters have various size batteries amp wise..... normally they are paired to produce 24v on bigger scooters... some are 40 amps and others are up to 70 amps... so that is a lot of power to take out of house batteries.

I find on my RV it takes out to much and use the generator to send power to the inverter and batteries.... I have found that my two scooters and or the power-chair only charge between 5 amp and 8 amp .. so a run down scooter does need a lot of time to recover.

Bob

• Like Like x 1