Mobility issues 2 for Joy

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Wildman, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

hi joy I started another thread for you on this one. What you need is quite feasible and would entail a metal internal framework inside of your existing door bolted to the floor and wall with a 12v winch or hand winch fitted inside to assist in taking the weight but not a dead lift or you run the risk of dragging mum into the step, hee hee. Not sure how much room you have inside. the othe option if mum is able to walk a little is a ramp rather than a step.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Have seen small hoists used by severely disabled people. There was a young man who had been in a motorcycle accident that I used to know in Spain that had one fitted to his camper. It was not very big and just folded out like a step. He used the Fiama folding security handle to steady himself whilst the lift was going up and down. The lift travel was only perhaps a foot and he could walk straight in. Haven't a clue were he had it made but perhaps motability or the Disability Information Bureau could give you some help. Sorry cant be more helpfull only than inform you it can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Thank you both very much. Both brilliant ideas for me to look at.

The ramp looks the easiest one doesn't it..... and a joiner is coming in a few weeks to do a job at mum's... he seems pretty good and I will ask about a folding one.....

Thanks again. xx:thumb::thumb:

4. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1