Mixed tyres (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2023
Chester, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 195
Exp
Tents, Folding camper,Hired MoHo, now bought our own.
Hi all,

Dealer replaced two tyres due to age when I collected van.

I've had numerous tpms alerts over period of ownership and have recently realised the front replacements are van tyres the rear are campers. I'm talking to dealer at the moment but unsure what I want out of it.

Obviously I want tpms to work correctly , but am I right thinking it cannot distinguish one tyres pressure needs from another ie. 65psi van and 80psi camper

Is there a fundamental issue with mix of types ? he says not (but I assume he would)
Its on a Peugeot boxer.

Anybody help a confused body ...

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
I’ve got van winter tyres on the rear and normal van on the front both front and rear running different psi. and mine is ok (2016 Fiat)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Van tyres are fine if their rating is in line with the load, tpms is an issue with the sensors and if you do a search on here 80psi is very high for tyres and mush shake your teeth out…😬

OP
OP
Brian/April
Apr 1, 2023
Chester, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 195
Exp
So it must relearn pressure when you've set them and drive for a while. Mine's 2015 no facility to accept pressures when done ( car I have to confirm I've reinflated)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
So it must relearn pressure when you've set them and drive for a while. Mine's 2015 no facility to accept pressures when done ( car I have to confirm I've reinflated)

The new pressure has to be reset, is it not on your info system..? I don’t have tpms on as standard so I’m not sure…

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not sure but think the Peugeot is a "dealer only" job to reset TPMS

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Not sure but think the Peugeot is a "dealer only" job to reset TPMS
It certainly was when we had a Peugeot based m/h. A real pita as they were factory set at 80psi. We ran at 62 rear, 56 front in accordance with tyre manufacturers recommendations so dashboard “under-inflation” warning light was permanently on.

We carried a print out of the OEM recommendation just in case of a roadside check.

Our local Peugeot van dealer refused to reprogram the TPMS to our settings even with the OEM recommendations.

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
High pressure and the state of most roads leads to a horrible ride as I found when we had an Elddis on a boxer base. I dropped the pressure by 10% front and rear and the tpms never complained. 71 on the rear rather than 80 made it much more reasonable. Sorry, can’t remember what the front was set to.

OP
OP
Brian/April
Apr 1, 2023
Chester, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 195
Exp
Comments gratefully recieved,
I need to know if dealers garage can diagnose tpms system and can they program it if so tyres are ok set to different pressures. Or put camper tyres on front and run all four at a pressure low enough that system accepts it ( working down from 80 to as suggested 70/72psi.

Cheers folks..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have had a Ducato PVC for 6yrs now and run ALL Tyres & Rear Air Assist Bags at 60 psi (easier for an old man to remember) without problems or undue strange wear pattern.
(36000 mls)
This pressure was recommended by Nick Fisher, Ducato advisor to MMM Magazine in this month's issue.

Forget about plates on van as they apply to the commercial van use.

PS. I do not have TMPS but check my tyres every week or fortnight. (This forces me to look at other things at the same time)

PPS. This is just a recommendation, YOU are responsible for your own vehicle!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back