Mirrors (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2022
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I’m a newbie
just had a price for a replacement mirror for my 2015 LHD C Compactline, brace yourselves just over £800 including VAT. Fair play to Go European, they got back with a price within the day, I'm still waiting for another well known dealership to give me a price since 5 th April. This is the dealership it came from! So thanks again to this forum for the heads up re Go European.
Beware the heavy goods vehicle !

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
just had a price for a replacement mirror for my 2015 LHD C Compactline, brace yourselves just over £800 including VAT. Fair play to Go European, they got back with a price within the day, I'm still waiting for another well known dealership to give me a price since 5 th April. This is the dealership it came from! So thanks again to this forum for the heads up re Go European.
Beware the heavy goods vehicle !
If you can find a name on the mirror there is a fair chance that it won't be specific to Carthago and you may be able to source it somewhere else.

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
I read somewhere that it is a standard Volvo part. So worth investigating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Nov 5, 2022
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I’m a newbie
I have previously tried many many places . My mirror system was made by Vision according to Magnum and they said it would be impossible to get another one . I tried the lovely people who supply mirrors to lorries etc Metak I think is the name but no go

OP
OP
C
Nov 5, 2022
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I’m a newbie
Just looked at the pic too and my mirrors fit on the door not like the bus mirrors shown but t thanks for trying for me

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Going to Düsseldorf looking to buy a new MH with the expectation of a year or so delivery date and extremely hopeful it will be fitted with the new Cameras as seen on Trucks that l am well impressed with.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Going to Düsseldorf looking to buy a new MH with the expectation of a year or so delivery date and extremely hopeful it will be fitted with the new Cameras as seen on Trucks that l am well impressed with.
That’s great, BUT most truck drivers hate them (especially at night) and if they get damaged it shuts the truck down so it can’t drive. Some fleets are taking them off and having oe mirrors fitted.👍

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
If vehicle drivers could learn not to drive too close to other vehicles, we wouldn't need either mirror protectors or replacement mirrors. Seems a fairly basic requirement of safe driving.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know that they are an option on Morelo now, not sure how many others are embracing the tecnology.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
If vehicle drivers could learn not to drive too close to other vehicles, we wouldn't need either mirror protectors or replacement mirrors. Seems a fairly basic requirement of safe driving.
Or we could just stay out of Italy :rofl: :rofl:

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
I was led to believe by a merc truck driver who had had an oh shit moment that the replacement is 4k and has to be fitted by merc as it needs to be synced to the ecu to get out of limp mode, not just plug n play

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back