Millau Sites

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by elamessa, Jun 17, 2011.

1. elamessa

elamessa Funster

We are planning on moving up to Millau tomorrow and wondered if any one has any recommendations. There are a number in the ACSI book but the descriptions and website photo's all seem to be of the Tarn Gorge instead of the site's themselves.
    Any recommendations would be gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance.

Steve (sat in the Camargue covered in mossy bites!!!!!!!)

2. Griffs

Griffs Funster

Hi.
    We stopped at the two rivers site in Millau last year ,it was o.k. there are a couple more sites near there.

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

We stopped here last year, no particular reason there's a load to choose from. We watched the pool being built, not something you see every day. Nice walk into a splendid town. Site was excellent.

Being right by the river you may be in for more bites.

4. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi we stopped in the aire in millau ,not particulary good pitches marked by old telegraph poles laid down and they must have had down pour before we got there as whole area flooded ,half the pitches unuseable.Wouldn't recommend it
    Terry

5. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Steve we stayed at rivages across the bridge turn right second camp on the right , nice clean site dutch owned, they take acsi so will be in the book. Pete :thumb:

6. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

We would agree with Peter as we stayed 4 years ago, easy access to the river

7. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Hi Steve and Sue!

Off topic , sorry:Blush:! Did you manage to have some answer with your satellite with the phone number i gave you? I still have no mail from either "Planet" or La Poste . Let me know if you have news.

Frankie:Wink: xxxxxxxxxx

8. elamessa

elamessa Funster

Hi All,
    Sorry for late reply. Thanks for all your suggestions. We are staying on Les Erables site which is over the bridge on the left just past the Camping du Viaduc. Not a large site but well set out with good size pitches with both water and electric (10A) and free WiFi and lots of shade if you need it €11 a night with ACSI and do a deal where you pay for 6 if you stay for 7.

Frankie
    We didn't get a phone number from you don't know where it went probably in cyber space.
    We have now got the phone number from Pages Jaunes and will be phoning them tomorrow (Lundi), will let you know the outcome. Thanks for all your help your "une étoile brillante"

affectueusement
    Steve & Sue

9. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Arrrrrggggg, technology! i even got an "accusé de reception"of my message to you ! i am not friend at all with computers, phones and all that stuff.... drive me nuts:Angry: ! Hopefully you got the phone number from pages jaunes so it is OK !
    BTW you don't need to be obliged to come to Toulouse for your satellite to pop in ... you know you'll be most welcome!!:BigGrin::BigGrin::Wink: AND i am free next week end , no night work !!!:Wink:

Kissy!

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

10. tony_g

tony_g Funster

Bit off topic. We stayed at super Acis campsite La Dourbie (11 euros) in village of St Jean du Bruel near Millau .You can walk into the village in under 15 mins. We went there specially to have lunch at Hotel du Midi Papillon. 15 euros for classic 4 course lunch and superb service in stylish dining room every bit as good as we remembered it.

Now parked on top Aire Mortagne sur Gironde. Beautiful setting by yacht harbour. We nabbed last space with leccy and then discovered free wifi trial hence this post - all for 7 euros!

Back to Calais:cry: for 30th but planning a few days on Isle de Re.