Milk going off in the fridge.. (2 Viewers)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Does the fridge work OK on hookup? If it does, then this suggestion is not pertinent.
We had similar symptoms last year, freezer worked, but fridge didn't. That was in all modes, gas, 240 and 12v. Turned out our thermistor was fried, I replaced it and it started working again.
Lots of people have mentioned the venting. We have a thermostatic cooling fan fitted to ours, and it was running yesterday, so obviously the fridge was getting too hot at the back!

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I would thin out what you have in there Janine and when were away in the van I use mostly Long life milk even on my cereal I cant tell the difference that might solve the cheese making problem .;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
The problem MIGHT not be with your fridge at all. If you buy your milk from a shop that opens at say 8-00am consider how long the milk may have been left out the back of the shop in one of those cages in full sun at this time of year.

We always use filtered milk - Cravendale is one brand and Lidl now sells a similar milk which comes from Scotland. That rarely goes off but even that can do so in this heat.

Dave

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had this problem in South of France last week, high temps and a bit of a packed fridge. Freezer worked fine but UHT skimmed milk decanted into a plastic jug with a non spill lid kept going off in the fridge, everything felt fine (cold), unpacking the fridge helped a bit, but still not ideal.

We have decided rather than fitting a fan that we will try using a thermos to store the milk, nice air tight lid etc, and move the shelves around in the fridge to try and improve the air flow.

Hopefully, we shall get the chance to test in september!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Try drinking it without milk - it took us no time at all to get used to it - couldn't drink anything that contained milk now! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Try drinking it without milk - it took us no time at all to get used to it - couldn't drink anything that contained milk now! (y)
When my fridge broke and I couldn't afford a replacement I got used to coffee and tea without milk. Now I can't stand milk. However I do keep powdered milk for making white sauces etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back