Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
I am just about to take delivery of a Le Voyageur LVX8 with a 3 litre turbo deisel engine,
This will be our first motorhome,what sort of MPG should I expect from carefull driving
Many Thanks
Joe.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
at a guess an 4.2 ton A class on a mercedes 3 litre realistically 20-25mpg as its a big van with a large frontal area.
i certainly wouldn't expect too much more most of the similar weight fiats with the 3 litre bring around the same.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have a 3.0 litre in a Ducato and I can manage 27 with careful driving, though I'm not quite the same weight.

One trip last year I used absolutely no fuel whatsoever, admittedly it was only two hundred yards and all down hill and I didn't actually start the engine....but hey, :roflmto:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

One trip last year I used absolutely no fuel whatsoever, admittedly it was only two hundred yards and all down hill and I didn't actually start the engine....but hey, :roflmto:

No engine, no brake servo ......................................:cry:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi,
I am just about to take delivery of a Le Voyageur LVX8 with a 3 litre turbo deisel engine,
This will be our first motorhome,what sort of MPG should I expect from carefull driving
Many Thanks
Joe.

25 mpg and you done well :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If its new expect somewhat worse mpg for the first 15-20k miles till it loosens up a bit. I was quite surprised the difference it made to mine (Mercedes 3L)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back