Free Member
Apr 25, 2015
Sidcup (When I'm there)
Funster No
MH
Fiat Swift Freestyle 630l
Exp
Hi all,
I'm taking a leap into the great unknown. Having separated from my wife and just about to exchange contracts on the sale of the house, I've decided to quit my job and buy a motorhome to live in full time. Yes I know, I know. I'm mad. But you only live once. There's a lot to learn, and I hope to pick people's brains on here as I go along. Looking forward to interesting times :)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Wow definitely life changing times ahead. Welcome to fun forum.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Steve,
Sorry you're separating from the OH, but MHFun will provide mountains of sympathy ;) or lots of help with your MH choice. £10 spent here will return loads more (y) ask away and the legions will answer, they really are helpful. Good luck and welcome. :drink: Cheers. Terran

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Steve,
Sorry you're separating from the OH, but MHFun will provide mountains of sympathy ;) or lots of help with your MH choice. £10 spent here will return loads more (y) ask away and the legions will answer, they really are helpful. Good luck and welcome. :drink: Cheers. Terran
Couldn't agree more(y)(y)
Welcome to the forum Steve :welc:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Welcome and good luck with your journey, hope everything works out for you
You will find answers to all your questions on here and have a good laugh at the same time

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Hi Steve, don't be put off by people saying 'you're mad' etc as they are only concerned about your welfare. I was in a similar situation to you a couple of years ago, I took early retirement, sold my flat (could have rented it but wanted a clean break) and have been full-timing ever since. Its entirely down to the individual but I love it and haven't looked back. I have had a couple of reminders that life is too short and my friends now agree with me that, in my circumstances, it was a good decision. Its a great experience and, in my case, learning on the hoof assisted by Funsters both via the website and in person! Motorhoming reminds me of when I was a kid and where you lived was one big community, sadly lacking now in a lot of places but not in the MH community! I'm currently in Sicily awaiting friends who I met in Italy last year and made a lot of friends at my first MHF rally at Benicarlo in March. So, as long as you are happy with your financial situation then I would say go for it, I feel better than I have for years. Find the van that you would be happy living in (I dont think there is such a thing as the perfect layout but decide whats important for you) and have fun!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello! while I caution against knee jerk reactions to any situations, I wish you well...

Ask lots of questions about vans on here before you dive in, As its a bit of a minefield to be honest!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome.... :hi:

Can't say a lot more than had already been said so far - but I hope you'll be glad you found this forum, there's always someone around to talk to, about any subject under the sun, not just motorhome stuff:D

Exciting times ahead:)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Hi all,
I'm taking a leap into the great unknown. Having separated from my wife and just about to exchange contracts on the sale of the house, I've decided to quit my job and buy a motorhome to live in full time. Yes I know, I know. I'm mad. But you only live once. There's a lot to learn, and I hope to pick people's brains on here as I go along. Looking forward to interesting times :)

Yep, washing, ironing, cleaning, cooking, bed-making, shopping,
Very best wishes in your new life.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
good luck. I think SMB is absolutely correct in what he says about looking for the perfect van - it doesn't exist! Set out your "must haves" and do not be tempted to include any van in your shortlist unless it can comply in all respects with this list. then, if necessary, have a second list of "like to haves" and give each of these a numerical value of 1 - 10 the one the 2 or 3 scoring highest should be looked at very closely as the finalists.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi all,

Hi Steve sorry about the circumstances that have bought you here but think this is one decision you can enjoy, do your research ask questions, don't forget to check things like pay load and damp, buy second hand but try and get one that has Solar Panels, awning, maybe already fitted for LPG , arm your self with a damp meter, think of Storage space, beware of Scams on e bay and lots more, though the best advice I would give is your £10 annual subscription you will save yourself time money and mistakes because someone on here will have been there and done it before and willing to share with you. Good Luck and Welcome to a whole new community :welc:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
:welc:Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about your marital circumstances , I was in a similar situation almost 2 years ago , my first reaction was going to be purchasing a motorcycle ,tent etc and taking off on a round the world never come back kind of trip. I did not do that , I bought a small house instead and after giving it a lot of thought I decided that I did not want to be on my own , anyhow I met a woman and the spark was there , so we are now planning to buy a MH and take off together along with our three dogs , im still tying up the last bits of the financial settlement with my ex but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel , hang on in there buddy, it sure as heck can get frustrating.
This forum is full of usefull help , pay the tenner and join , its great value for money.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
:welc:
Enjoy your new chapter