MH storage in Spain (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
I am interested in leaving my MH at say Alicante airport this summer and flying home for 3-4 weeks, to avoid the slog of driving backwards and forwards through France.

I have yet to find a UK insurer who will insure it if left unattended like that except possibly in emergencies. It’s an interesting one because as long as you use a proper parking company with a barrier, 24 hour security etc then is the risk any higher compared to a trip back to the UK of 900 odd miles each way?

Has anybody managed to find a UK insurer who will do this?

Alternatively is there a parking company that provides some insurance cover instead? I see aupa for example appear to provide fire insurance.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Try Tower insurance- we used them for a caravan we stored, but not sure if they do motor homes.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We were going to store our Motorhome near Figueres last year as it doesn't fit through the arched entrance to our house in Barcelona....we didn't as it happens, we changed our plans and flew over later to visit the house. They definitely had insurance on their premesis covering the vehicles stored there. I can't remember the exact details (it is an excellent facility) but if you google motorhome storage near Figueres it'll come up....they do speak english also. Driving to Figueres is no quite as far as driving up through France though it is a bit of a treck from Alicante....good luck.

OP
OP
S
Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Yes I did TM. We have just returned to Alicante for the very first time. We used Chris Parking. Its not cheap because it's quality and indoor. We were picked up very promptly on our return and is only about 4 mins from the terminal.

We chose this place because it needs to be good to keep our insurance company happy. He has Ferrari, Porsche etc in there.

I need to move site now but will be back online later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Thanks for that will use them solves a problem for us, excellent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back