Mercedes heated mirror switch - which way is off (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
On a roll after getting my aux. heater to work I thought I would have a go at figuring out the heated mirror switch. My van is an Aclass Pilote on a h Mercedes base so I does not have the standard mirrors, switches or heaters. The rotary heater switch next to the mirror adjustment switch has four positions, each of which I have tried and each warms the mirrors (photo below). I have had the van from new (nine years) and never been able to suss this out and have put up with warm mirrors even in the middle of summer, anyone any idea how to turn the heater off?.
20161222_151125.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I can't imagine why you would need a 4 position mirror heater switch - I'd have thought ON an OFF would be enough.

I'm more worried by the state of that dashboard. Is it meant to be like that?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I suspect there isn't an Off just ign controlled with variable heat settings 1.2.3.4

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I can't imagine why you would need a 4 position mirror heater switch - I'd have thought ON an OFF would be enough.

I'm more worried by the state of that dashboard. Is it meant to be like that?
To the left of the photo below the hex bolt is a cover for the leisure battery compartment.
It may not look pretty in the photo as I have yet to adjust it properly after fitting two new Varta batterys and it hardly notices as it's way below knee level so not part of the dash.

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Like Tony I can't get my head around heated mirrors with four settings, overkill or what

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Wire cutters ..will switch them off in summer then just twist them back together for winter. .switch is not necessary..simple's. .lol

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Just a thought. Would you notice the drain on the battery if you connected a multimeter across the terminal on the battery.

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just a thought. Would you notice the drain on the battery if you connected a multimeter across the terminal on the battery.
I would expect a drain on the battery but as the heating elements are powered by the cab battery, which is well stowed away under the floor I haven't bothered to check.

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
As an update. After having another look the switch I was wondering about has nothing to do with the heated mirrors it is a switch for a travel heater that blows back into the habit. area. So I have to assume that the heated mirror don't have a switch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back