LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I'd like to get a mattress topper for our new van but the transverse bed is a pain of a shape, wider at the top than the bottom and cut off corners on the long side across the doors.

I loved our zonesleeper we bought for the previous van but its too long and wide and impossible to tuck under at 2 sides plus of course those cut off corners (and the mattress is tight to the sides and difficult to tuck anything under other than a sheet).

Some people seem to think that memory foam can be too hot in the summer, is this a general thing or only with a particular density?

Would we be better buying a memory foam topper from somewhere and cutting to fit, or getting a bespoke one made for us? I had a look at the Hymer accessories and it seems we could get one specifically for the bed but it would cost 240 Euro!

I could get another zonesleeper but think a custom one would come in at around the same price (our king size which we will be selling was £200).

I find the mattress on the Hymer just a little firm and I'm not getting a good night's sleep, frequently waking and feeling annoyed and having to go back to sleep which means I feel shattered in the morning.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Duralay do all the shaped toppers, give them a call and state the make of your motor home, they will have the template

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If the memory foam topper has a removable zipped cover, cutting the foam to fit the tapered end of the bed should be simple DIY. I am considering this conversion for the PVC with the current John Lewis topper used in the house, when I replace it with a new one.

Meanwhile we use a duvet-like topper which is cool in summer and squishy enough not to need cutting to shape.

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
We had a memory foam topper from somewhere like Marks or John Lewis. The memsahib used her biggest scissors to shape it to the mattress' curved corners.

Works a treat.

My only tip would be to buy as thick as topper as you can - or do away with the original mattress and buy a memory foam mattress.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We just bought a couple of memory foam toppers that had zip covers. Took the foam out and cut it to size to fit the tapered single beds. Put the foam back in the cover, and just tuck the excess cover under the edge of the topper - job done! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back