marine drive dover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by xjrchris, Aug 16, 2016.

1. xjrchris

xjrchris Funster

Hi we are going over to Belgium at the end of the month and was wondering has anyone stayed overnight on marine drive ? The only thing is I will have a tow car behind, has anyone stayed there with a tow car ? I have looked on Google earth and it shows motorhomes parked up .
    Many thanks

2. Pilote87

Pilote87 Funster

Although the parking of motorhomes in Dover is "out for consultation" it is still permitted on the Esplanade during the day and night. Daytime parking is chargeable between 09.00 and 18.00, I think and is not permitted on Marine Parade.

However, Access and / or egress can be difficult at times due to the modifications to the dual carriageway between the port and the access to Western Docks. With a "toad" you will have to ensure you can get yourself out from the Esplanade without too much difficulty. I have parked along there on a number of occasions with a 3.5 m trailer.

J

3. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Military road in Hythe OK too

4. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Nice quiet night at naval memorial st margarets cliffs, about 10 mins from port just off A2.

Eric