Rally Malvern Caravan Show 30th Sep - 2nd Oct 2016 (2 Viewers)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Ambilkate happy birthday bill ,we done kate lot of work have a great day ray xx lol still lol give him a kisssssssssssssssssssssss for me

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Ambilkate , Bill a very Happy Birthday to your definitely one of the nicest funsters you will ever meet. I know Kate & Amanda will spoil you, Sorry Eddie and I are not there to share it but definately had a drink to your good health. xx

Also @daveandsan please say happy birthday to Sophie, a little treasure. xx

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
image.jpeg
I'm not quite sure what is going on here?!....but @Steve looks very happy with @Terry :whistle:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Steve he's behind you tena pads for men o shit ray xx lol still lol terry was the only one to help when the shit hit's the fan you need a pork pie to stop that

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
"No,steve ,I can't see anything down there mate, are you sure you brought the extra wood for the fire"

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Deep joy today in the hot sunshine but last night, dear god, last night... We had the worst two acts ever to mount a stage and a crappy sound system. We hit rock bottom. I survived by fabrication earplugs from toilet roll. One music lover hauled the act off stage but the b********d got back up. HE knows he screwed up and has given us Med sunshine to make up for it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Deep joy today in the hot sunshine but last night, dear god, last night... We had the worst two acts ever to mount a stage and a crappy sound system. We hit rock bottom. I survived by fabrication earplugs from toilet roll. One music lover hauled the act off stage but the b********d got back up. HE knows he screwed up and has given us Med sunshine to make up for it.
We left after enduring bad sound after two songs of the second act. The previous night's performance was very good, but these were just dire..........

Pete-Jay-Sophie

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
To everyone who was at the meet, thank you to you all for making Sophie's 10th birthday such a memorable one, we all had a wonderful time. Sophie is a very happy little lady with so many cards and gifts from you all. An extra special thank you to Kate, Bill and Amanda for an amazing weekend. Happy Birthday Bill for thursday xxx

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
So sad to be saying goodbye to everyone when the sun is shining! Thank you to everyone at Malvern for a fab few days. I managed to survive the homemade apple wine (I WILL get you back @scottla Jen!) and the dreadful Rod Stewart (new use found for mini Peperami....make excellent ear plugs) and coping with a 5 year old! Betsy really enjoyed her first Funster meet and can't wait to come away with us again, mainly due to all the attention! I think Ron and I will have to stock up on Sanatogen before the next time!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Big thanks from me also to all those who made it happen. Loved the entertainment Friday night but Saturday was a bit dire!!!

Enjoyed meeting up with old friends and meeting some new Funsters. Hope everyone has a safe onward journey.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Kate, Bill and Steve for hosting another great weekend. A really enjoyable birthday party on Saturday for Sophie and Bill followed with a Sunday coffee morning to finish the cake. The Warner's entertainment from The Revolvers was good on Friday, the other posts above say it all about Saturday's offerings. Oh, nearly forgot, where would we be without John's ( @jo-ca ) chocs, thanks John.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well another great time was had with all you funsters .would also like to thank everyone for there donations to support mac millon cancer we all raised a massive Ā£100.79 pence so thank you all for your generosity .look forward to the next meet

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes, thanks team ambilkate, it was a really good meet. I got it completely wrong on Thu, said no stands after a cycle around but by Friday it was a totally different picture, a decent number of stands. What surprised me, cycling around in the sunshine today is how may small garden features there are on site, it's way above the average Warners sites.

Weather was not kind on Sat for The Party and no doubt all those who cheered the idea of having it in the sunshine of Friday muttered "told you" but it takes more than that to ruin a weekend.

Home safe now, and what a splendid peaceful journey.

With all the keen snowbirds heading south now it focusses the the mind on 2017 and NEXT. Damn, another year gone in the blink of an eye.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It's all been posted above by others,and it's the very same sentiments from Rita and I. :)

Thank you so much, to all who helped both birthdays to be celebrated in the way they were. The catering crew did a magnificent job, aided and assisted by others. It's the "self help" culture, and interaction by others which helps to make these meets the success they are. (y)

Even tonight, before we stragglers set off tomorrow, we had shelter, heating, lighting, cooked grub, refreshments in the form of Cava and Liquersā€¦.......................and a big bowl of Cadbury Chocs. (y)

Thanks to all who took part and participated. :)
Despite the absolute sh1te entertainment on Saturday night, Rita and I look forward to doing it all again, sometime soon. ;)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Another great meet. A big thank you to Kate and Birthday boy Bill, for all there hard work. Also to Steve for is work, his stove, heating and to all the Funsters who made this a fantastic weekend. Shame about the entertainment on Saturday night. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.
A Ā£688 tax rebate on my return, really toped this weekend off.
Safe journeys to all. John.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just home after a very reasonable drive, hardly a hold up anywhere.
Of course I must thank all those who made me feel so welcome on my first MHF rally.
It was good to put some faces to the forum names, I might even recall some real names!

Special mention to @Ambilkate for the incredible amount of hard work, organization & what seemed like an endless stream of edible goodies coming from their van.
Delightful Kate ;), and birthday boy Bill.
More thanks to @Steve for everything he did & for keeping us warm (y)
And finally thanks to Joy @movan for keeping us newbies informed, making sure we had a chair at the big table in the entertainment hall, not to mention keep us amused by capturing our best features on camera.

Thanks to everyone... a friendly, warm hearted, generous & fun bunch of people.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well back home now THANKYOU all funsters for making this a fantastic meet one we won't forget and Another lovely memory for Amanda to tell all her friends about .

Yes it was such a shame the entertainment on the Saturday wasn't anywhere near the standard we had on the Friday BUT Thankyou to those that suffered it , what a great night dancing and laughing we had even though they were out tune etc we certainly didn't let it spoil our FUN did we ;)

A BIG THANKYOU TO STEVE @Steve what a trooper he is providing us with all the luxury's of staying warm , fed and watered xxx

@Steve has lost two Funster mugs with his name on and one with just looking on that's his other Funster name on it . If you had a cuppa of Steve and took it back to your van by mistake keep it safe till you see him again :)

Bill has asked me to Thankyou all for all his cards + prezzies and sharing the day with him and Sophie xxx

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Thank's all for another wonderful meet, special thank's to @Ambilkate for all the organization and @Steve for supplying the heating and coffee.(y)
Shame about the Bee Gees but it was worth a fiver just to see Rod Stewart tumble off the stage and i thought his voice improved after the blow to the head.:)

Harp07

Free Member
May 25, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Since 2008
Can I take this oppertunity to give a big thank you to @Ambilkate,@movan,@jo-ca,@Mimi and all the other funsters who made my stay at malvern so enjoyable,I was so overwhelmed with the kindness that you all showed towards me and helping me get over my recent loss I will always be so grateful to you all and look forward to meeting all of you again soon. Jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've emailed the organisers and told them The Thoughts of FUN - great time was had by all but Saturday evening was a total disaster.

We'll see what they say.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Had another brilliant time with all of you. Can't wait for the next! Didn't really matter about the entertainment on Saturday as we always make our own! @Harp07 Jim you'll never be alone at a funster meet and @Langtoftlad Steve whenever there's a Wetherspoons near a meet you'll also never be alone!
:drinks:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I've emailed the organisers and told them The Thoughts of FUN - great time was had by all but Saturday evening was a total disaster.

We'll see what they say.

Brian I'm sorry but emailing them with the thoughts of Fun I personally feel isn't right We all have our own voice and I feel if you felt strongly to email them it should have been your own thoughts . Sorry but that is what I think . I am more than happy with what I got for my Ā£33. X Kate

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian I'm sorry but emailing them with the thoughts of Fun I personally feel isn't right We all have our own voice and I feel if you felt strongly to email them it should have been your own thoughts . Sorry but that is what I think . I am more than happy with what I got for my Ā£33. X Kate

To be accurate I put my own thoughts and said they were shared by many FUN members, as this thread and conversations clearly show.

It does not matter Ā£33 Ā£330 or 3p, they should not pass that drivel off as entertainment.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thank's all for another wonderful meet, special thank's to @Ambilkate for all the organization and @Steve for supplying the heating and coffee.(y)
Shame about the Bee Gees but it was worth a fiver just to see Rod Stewart tumble off the stage and i thought his voice improved after the blow to the head.:)

Well, it wasn't going to make the performance any worse:whistle: Lucky he didn't hurt himself though. Listened to two BeeGees "songs" and that was enough for us.....

Revolvers the previous evening were worth a fiver even though it was a free show

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back