Mains unit cooling fan woes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Apache, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Apache

Apache

The cooling fan on our mains 'Box of tricks ' which manages 240 volts , media unit etc seems to run a lot more than I would have expected, ie it switches on after only having been connected to mains for a short time then cycles on and of until I disconnect the site supply. Is this normal ?
    It's on my autotrail apache by the way.
    Also the control panel above the entrance door shows a green light when I first switch on the 12 volt supply but then goes straight to red. I suspect these two things are related

2. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

If the red light means the 12v system is over-loaded try removing fuses or switching off breakers for the 12v systems. If the red light goes to green after doing this replace each fuse or switch on breakers one-by-one until you get the red light. The circuit that makes the light go red is the problem.

If the red light stays on after you have disconnected all the 12v feeds check your leisure battery or batteries' voltage.

3. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

I suspect your battery voltage is dropping too quickly, probably just knackered, which is making the mains unit work overtime as it tries to charge it back up.

Do you have a multimeter?

Tim

4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

you probilby have a sargent ec225? unit fitted,

give these guys a ring or look up the product assitant page

http://sargentshop.co.uk/

thier very helfull

5. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

As above.. Contact Sargent, very helpful and they also off a fixed price repair if needed..
    My friend had an issue with his EC325 unit and had to send it back. Repair / replacement was back in less than 5 days..