M6 Toll discounts

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gooney, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Gooney

Gooney Funster

An interesting advert in this months CC magazine, CC members driving motorhomes or towing caravans who show their membership card at the Toll booth will pay the same rate as passenger cars, a saving of £4.50 at peak price times:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Odd idea.

Motorhomes go slowly to save fuel, so why pay the Danegeld to go on a road that is for going quickly.

Illogical captain.

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Although I've been on it a couple of times, I don't think it's ever saved me much time. Just get to the next holdup a bit quicker. Might be different at peak times.

4. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

not to illogical, once those major works on the M6 were completed those peak hold ups largely disappeared, and so did the major time delays (you can always expect some delay on that M6 stretch).

But be warned, there were M6 S/B lane closure immediately after M5 earlier this week, so some delays could be expected again and the toll road may look appealing at car rates.

5. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

This puzzles me? When I drive through Dartford Tunnel my motorhome is a car, when I use M6 Toll I am a van. Now either I am a van or a car, but this "discount" seems to imply I am only a car if I belong to CC.
    Why should the M6 toll company discriminate; either I am a car or a van and my membership of any club should be irrelevant?

Norman

• Like Like x 2