Lytham st Anne's and Southport camperstop family review! (1 Viewer)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just got back from our trip an I thought I'd share our experiences with you .
Our first stop was at Lytham and it was easy enough to find,it's just a car park on the sea front and if you get into one of the longer bays the cost is £8 for 24 hrs! There are no facilities however there is a Toby Carvery ,cinema ,bowling alley come arcade and a swimming pool surrounding the car park ,if you need the toilet your spoilt for choice .
Our destination was Blackpool and we bought a family day ticket for 4 on the bus that covered the trams as well.The no 7 or 11 goes to Blackpool we went as far as the tram station and switched transport. Before we went we bought the Big Blackpool Ticket at a cost of £145 for all 4 of us from the Blackpool tower website.This got us into the Blackpool Tower Eye with 4D experience, the lift to the top and walk on the glass floor ,the circus,ballroom , Jungle Jims, Madame Tussaud's, Sea life centre and the dungeons !
One of the best bits of the weekend was the Tower Circus, a 2 hr show that was as a circus should be.Ive seen my fair share mostly in big tops across the country on football pitches and parks,the only show I've seen to better it was the cirque du soleil in London this year.
Add this to the Ballroom, a truly amazing place where once your ticket was stamped you could come and go as you pleased all day long. Me and Louise ,my 10 yr old ,sat on the balcony and watched as they tried to perfect their moves ,some arguing about timing and posture,I could have sat there for hours but mrs Vlad was getting bored .
Next we went to the Blackpool dungeons which was a bit scary,different themed rooms with actors telling story's of the war of the roses ,Black Death etc.Lauren my youngest spent the whole time gripped round my neck in a state of fear .
Day 2 saw us going to Madame Tussaud's an attraction I've again never been to it was good for a couple of hours and the kids loved it ,some of the exhibits were so good that you half expected them to come into life and there were those that looked so poor it was laughable. We were then next onto the Sealife Centre which saw us have out fingernails cleaned and watched the sharks being fed in the shark tunnel. The new sting ray exhibit is rather exciting also! Finally onto the Tower Eye and the 4D experience, great to stand and watch the story of the tower come to life with a 5 minute short film which also saw us get a tad wet, the kids loved it! Finally into the lift to take us to the top of the tower, wasn't sure about the ride up, but once up the glass floor is incredible with a view as far as the eye could see. Mrs Vlad and the youngest weren't keen and were happy to use the telescope to view the whole of Blackpool. What a fantastic 2 days!!
If you think Blackpool is a dump and only fit for youngsters on the lash think again ,I've been going here on and off for years but this time found a Blackpool I'd missed time and time again!
Southport next ,well what can I say,we parked at pleasure land around the perimeter of the overflow car park .I was happy enough but mrs Vlad thought it was like a gypsy camp.It was a mixture of motorhomes,caravans and a few showman's HGV rigs parked in the far corner,£10 a night they have a water point and a grey waste dump HOWEVER ! It's not for the faint hearted,even I felt queasy ,for those of you who have seen train spotting think of the toilet scene ,and adapt it to include you and your toilet cassette !
Southport was nice ,pleasure island was a tad expensive for what you get and the rides run for less time than they do on similar fairs .When you think it's this or Blackpool for the population up here thank God for Hunstanton where the penny machines are stacked full and the rides are cheaper and last longer!
I feel obliged to tell you that if you are offended by grey waste dumping this site may not be for you! The vans are parked around the perimeter and slope towards the verges ,all the vans around me and most of the ones I saw whilst I walked around were letting it out ! But then again whats a bit of waste water compared to old beer cans and rubbish lying around the edges ,tbh looking tired and needing a bit of attention .

VLAD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Duly edited ,but we do put cling film against our windows whilst wilding !
Nothing worse than marauding semen around our coastlines ! :rofl:

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We always CC it in Southport Vlad, easier on the night-time nerves. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back