Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Ours is massive too and plenty of room for 2 adults to sleep but we use the fixed bed and the luton for storage. Youngest son took the MH for a weekend cycling trip and his very tall well built pal slept up there. He said it was a great night's sleep.
When we were looking for a MH we said we definitely didn't want a luton because of poor fuel economy but we're glad we have it now. By the end of a 3 week tour all kinds of stuff lands up there. :wub

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Just goes to show. Before we had a motorhome we held the opinion that the last thing we would want to do was sleep in an overcab bed. Once we tried it, however, we much prefer it. We don't have to mess about making the bed and stowing the bedding away before driving off and there is so much room - unfortunately Jean now wants a bed that big at home! It's so big that she had to make her own fitted sheet as they just don't sell them big enough.
Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Planning on sleeping in the overcab myself next weekend - Jill can spread out in the L-shaped.

In my first MH (Ford Transit Advantura) which I used as accomodation whilst working away at Sizewell in the 90's, I slept in the Luton all the time, and loved it. The only possible drawback was that when it rained it was rather like sleeping in a snare drum, but actually I rather liked that! I was younger and fitter then of course, but I've tried out the access to the Luton in Rosie and can manage it fine. I'm sure there's some deep psychological urge to return to the womb being satisfied by sleeping in a cave :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back