Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks

I am aware that you can not travel on the ferries to Europe with an LPG tank that is more than 80% full. (I think).

The gauge on my tank has two full points, one at 80% and one at 100%. When I fill the tank with autogas the pump cuts out at the 80% full marker on the gauge.

Will I be ok to travel with the gauge showing 80%

Thanks

Jim :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Will I be ok to travel with the gauge showing 80%

You should have no problems, our tanks have never been checked by the ferry operators. Eurotunnel are much more fussy though.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Jim

You should not have any problems whatsoever with an LPG guage showing 80% on the Ferries - we have travelled several times on bvarious Ferries and not had the LPG checked once.

However, you will not be able to travel the Channel Tunnel if you have a petrol/LPG conversion - they will not allow LPG tanks which cannot be turned off and isolated from the main vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thanks for that guys. Just something else that I dont have to think about. Its like planning a military operation.

Jim :thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Dont plan to much (you know how the saying goes about best laid plans!!!)

What ever you forget you can get where ever you end up and if you cant get it you will do without it and wonder why you needed it in the first place!!!:Eeek:

We just pack up and go, no worries, no hastle just make sure all the paperwork for the van is correct and you have a credit card!!!:thumb:

Enjoy yourselves:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back