Lost 2005 Hymer wheel trim, where to find one? (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
Not sure if it was lost or stolen but it is gone anyway.

2005 Hymer Starline B680 on a Mercedes Sprinter base 4.6 tonne with twin rear wheels, it's the rear one gone missing. Here's a photo of the remaining one, anyone know where we can find a replacement?

Thanks
Ros

s78363a.jpg

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I'm on twin wheeler as well and had problems finding suitable dished wheel trims. Some have alloys on front same trim or different trim. I ended up using cheep flat trims on back and kept 3 dishes trims for front.

Just see if inside trim has part number and Google that. It may not be a genuine Merc part.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Brownhills might have one, won't be cheap.
Or you could consider Euro liners trims, really difficult to obtain currently but really nice trims.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F
Jan 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
Thanks everybody

Had a friend check on Mercedes, no luck yet.

Ebay has a lot but haven't found the same one or even close to it, will keep looking.

Just see if inside trim has part number and Google that. It may not be a genuine Merc part.

Yes have done that, the wheel centre cap is Mercedes, the trim number is not recognised anywhere.

Brownhills might have one, won't be cheap.
Or you could consider Euro liners trims, really difficult to obtain currently but really nice trims.

Brownhills confirmed these were original and supplied by Hymer, but are definately obsolete now with little chance of finding one. That the rear is a twin wheel means 2 different shaped trims front to rear although the original I have looks very similar except the dish.

I did manage to find Euroliner wheel trims, they now supply through another company. Let me know if need their outlet now and I'll find it and post it here. The trims they now have available are different designs front and rear, they don't look alike but are both from polished stainless steel.

My Sprinter base is 2005 with 15" wheels, the bulk of the Sprinter stuff I can find is for 16" which I believe is from 2006 onwards.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Not sure if it was lost or stolen but it is gone anyway.

2005 Hymer Starline B680 on a Mercedes Sprinter base 4.6 tonne with twin rear wheels, it's the rear one gone missing. Here's a photo of the remaining one, anyone know where we can find a replacement?

Thanks
Ros

Screenshot_20230330-203841.png

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
One of my front is somewhere on the M5, but I still have the two rear ones and one front if that would help.

OP
OP
F
Jan 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
One of my front is somewhere on the M5, but I still have the two rear ones and one front if that would help.

That is really kind, but don't you want to try to match them? or have you already replaced them?

Here are photos of the rear with no trim and the remaining one with the centre cap removed, are they the same? Last photo is a front wheelwith the dish in the wheel rim dishing out.

s78360a.jpgs78364a.jpgs78366a.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun