looking for info on appachie 700 or scout (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Weve been to the shows and dealerers are getting feed up with us, but we think we've found our layout front dinette with seatbelts rear lounge, we came up with this because we feel seatbelts are a must and I like to laze about in space (got gcse's in it)

if anybody can give us tips ,info, good bits bad bit etc on living with either of these two vans it would help us greatly, looking at 02 to 06 age vans

thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Scout utilises that layout to great effect, the Autotrail Arapaho does it better at a metre longer and a tag axle. The rear U-Shape lounge and an up front dinette is found in other models though and the Swift Kontiki has models based on this layout as well and there are plenty around. We have had a bessacar with that layout as well (E495)

Keep looking, your perfect motorhome is out there just waiting for you to find it. It will probably be at The Peterborough Motorhome Show at the end of this month, if you can get there you will find it::bigsmile:

ccl

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Rheindahlen, Germany
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
< 1 year
The trouble is you can spend too long looking and miss out on the summer. We spent nearly a year looking and researching before we bought our motorhome and missed out on last summer when we could have been out using it.
Shows are OK but I would have a checklist of motorhomes and features you are looking for before you go.
We went to the Dussledorf show and came away with our heads spinning and not much wiser! There was just too many to look at, but it did confirm the one we had shortlisted was OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have a Hymer b544 and wanted to change to an end lounge. They had fallen out of favour and fixed beds were the bees knees. It appears that a small number of converters are slowly reintroducing them. I bought a Scout in June and apart from the Fiat clutch/gearbox issues,it has been a fantastic layout. Rapido now do an A class with a rear lounge.
It is grets when the memsahib and I are away we can leave the back end made up as a bed and use the dinette and swivel seats as a lounge. When entertaining we clear the bed and have the big socable lounge. When we have our grown up children with us, it's like the old days when we had the VeeDub-chaos!!:ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Seb

I agree with CCI, don't spend too long looking summers coming.::bigsmile:

Make a list of what you want or can do without any van is a compromise you will never match all your wants. You are used to caravans don't forget what you have already learnt it still applies.
Watch out for any Fiat or Peugeot based van after 07 there is a lot of potential for trouble with them, prior to the new shape they are fine.

Hope you find what you are looking for Auto Trail are a good bet I think, they seem well built:thumb:

hope you find what you want.

Dave:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
since my first post, Ive used 4 tanks of deisel looking high and low for a decent used MH, Ive seen some real dogs at dealers why dont they clean the dam things, one stunk so so my wife was nearly sick:Angry:

However::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: were just off to put a deposit down on a MINT private scout, and its just up the road from me, it was so mint the owners made us take our shoes off befor they would let us in it to look at it....

stand by for lots of silly newbe questions next week

Im well chuffed so a big :thanks: to all who offerd help and advise both by pm and phone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back