looking for a new slide-camper-demountable

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by weymard, Mar 30, 2010.

1. weymard

weymard Read Only Funster

I sold my demountable, do you know some dealers in UK which sale US demountables ??

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi try Calder Leisure, excellent firm and good service and prices

Peter

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi Waymard, You will have your work cut out finding one the same size and speck as the one you sold.
    I know Sundowners have one,but dont know if its for sale.
    Mabe its better to import from the States with the strong Euro your in a good position to buy anywhere outside the Euro zone.

5. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Forget trying to find anything like that in the UK. Im afraid its a trip to the USA for you young man!!! :thumb:
    In the meantime have a look on here http://www.conibearrv.com/ (excuse the really dreadful music :Doh:)

We visited them last year and they bent over backwards to help (but then again dont all Americans??), we didnt buy but went looking for inspiration for the camper i am in the process of designing and building.

Shipping costs seems to be quite high but without a trcuk to shift them around I would imagine they are a bit of a nightmare to move around the world :cry:

Just read the post header again. Can you clarify are you wanting a truck camper with a slide out or just a plain truck camper without a slide out??

Standard campers are available in the UK but if your looking for one with a slide out its off to the USA im afraid,

6. weymard

I thought to buy a big camper, with slide or not, (precision : slide-camper is the full name in USA for the demountables :BigGrin:).
    I have my new truck a ford F450 diesel as he can carry heavy weight I thought to change for a biggest camper.

I thought that it was possible in UK to find a big camper, so I must import, that's a bull....t, I imported my "old" camper and know the price of the shipping :Angry: even with the "strong" euros (which is not so strong ....:cry:)

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

How on earth did you get the truck registered in France.
    I gave up trying to get my truck registered when I lived there.

8. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Try Niche Marketing - Manby - Lincolnshire Greg & Peter - they do a selection - do not know if they do ones with slide outs or if they can get them. Worth a phone call 01507 327172

9. eclaire

eclaire Read Only Funster

hello everyone - now put a deposit on one - a 93 brave :-}
    thanks for all the advice
    claire:-}

10. weymard

It will be approval and registered as "Poids Lourd" under 7T5 full loaded, for license drive C

11. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi Weymard
    You will be VERY lucky to find a larger truck-camper in England----None of the dealers will have them, Are you looking for new or second hand ???? Ours is 11 ft with 1 slide.
    What is the bed length of your new truck ? I am like Snowbird and amazed that you can make it legal in France-----------------------have they changed the rules ?????????????????
    We WILL meet up------can you get to the show at Peterborough this year ?? We SHOULD have our new 5er there--------then off to the 'States for a few months,
    we are looking for a smaller TC and diesel Dodge to take a road trip including Alaska--thats why the SMALLER camper.
    Sold our business -------now retired, sooooooooooo much to see.
    Best of luck with your search---------prices VERY high even though we are supposed to be in difficult times !!!!!!!!!!
    Nigel & Pamala

12. weymard

As I wrote, it will be legal as class C license driver.
    My bed is a 8", do you sale you truck camper ? If yes, PM me , perhaps I will be interested.
    Do'nt know if I can go to Peterborough, wife must go to Russia this month for family business, at this this time the future is uncertain !

13. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi Weymard
    We had not thought about selling ours, but we intend to buy one in US for our 'road trip' If we sell ours we will get one to use in Europe as well, if we keep ours we will buy one just for the trip (it would be much smaller, suitable for a smaller truck) We will be bringing a truck back.
    I think that the one you had was new, ours was bought new 2004. We are second owners.
    If you want the info on it, pm us (or come to Peterborough:Rofl1:) We would have to know if you wanted it before we go to US. It is Fleetwood Elkhorn 11J---with built-in genny, air con etc.etc
    We would love to come over to see you before we go, but we know we will be unable to, we will be going to Portugal next winter, so could make it then, if you are around.
    Nigel & Pamala