Free Member
Jul 5, 2011
Surrey
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hello I am new here and also have never owned a motorhome before.
I thought I would ask your advice, so here we go............
I have seen an advert for Ford Kentucky Coral 4 2006 6 berth
Whats your opinion of this vehicle?
What would you think this vehice cost when it was new?
What vehicle would you suggest, it must have the following:-
6 berth
power steering
4 passenger seatbelts
not over high because of storage
Thats about it.
Thanks, will look forward to reading your comments:Eeek:

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Seem quite a nice conversion - not looked at them closely, but do seem to tick all the right boxes.

Do give thought to the base vehicle though - transit wheel bearings on this model are £260 ...quite a difference from it's £30 predecessor, and they like axles at £3k...that said, it appears that is the only real problems people are having!

So either look into these things, or make sure it comes with a long warranty - and ensure it covers them, as usually they will be 'consumables'

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to Motorhome Fun, hope you fine the information you need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since 1999
We've had a 2008 Kentucky Corral 7 (5-berth with large garage) for a couple of years and are very happy with it. I think they are made in the same factory as Rimors, but the spec and equipment levels seem slightly better. If I was being critical I'd say the only disappointment is that the standard cloth upholstery lets the van down, with buttons coming off ours when about a year old. We ended up having it re-upholstered in leather. The only other problem we've had was a fault with the webasto diesel heating system, which turned out to be a faulty thermostat. As for the transit base, we've so far found it much more reliable and cheap to run than our earlier Peugeot and Merc-based vans. In fact we sought out a Transit based van after seeing a base vehicle comparison test in one of the magazines (sorry. can't remember which, but was back in 2008 I think).

Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back