Lone women?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Pennybanks, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Pennybanks

Pennybanks Read Only Funster

Hi. I'm new here and thinking of motorhoming full time. Are there any other ladies on their own who RV full time? If so, I'd appreciate any advice and comments. Thanks.

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Penny and welcome :thumb:---- I am sure there are some around :thumb:Somebody will reply with the info soon
    terry

3. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi

There is a section on this forum which can only be accessed by women only mh'ers. I'm not sure where about it is cos Iv'e never been on it. :Eek!:

There are a lot of single women mh'ming though. We have met a few on our travels and their perfectley happy.

Jim

:thumb:

Edit. Try the forum for solo travellers

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Or as my missus would say even happier:Doh:
    Welcome to the fun site Penny:thumb:

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Definitely. This has been asked before and always get the like of: "we keep bumping into XXXX and her dog". "She does it in a tiny van".

I don't know if the dog is important but I guess it could be a great comfort as a lone woman.

It's a nasty world out there but not THAT nasty, you can enjoy it if you just act sensibly and don't go looking for trouble. There are many tips in Jim's security guide to stack the odds in your favour. I think he says an Uzi is better than an AK47 for women. Similarly a Tazer is better than a cricket bat.

6. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Penny, we have met many singles with motorhomes and a few that fulltime, we met one last year in France just her and her dog on their way to Italy.:Smile: As said they have a singles section on here, but being a couple I think we are banned.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Maybe JJ can advise he is single and fulltime. :BigGrin:
    Oh and :welcome: To Motorhome Fun. Bob and Jane.:beer:

7. JJ

JJ Funster

Thanks Bob/Jane!

I wouldn't take any advice from me!!!

There are several single ladies/women/girls who are members of MHF... their advice might be of more use...

My sister-in-law is now a single lady motorhomer but not on the site.

... I will try to answer any questions if I can...

JJ

8. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome.

Have met with quite a lot of single ladies in all size motorhomes, right up to RV's and as Jim says most seem to have at least one dog with them. Quite a few seem to full time I have found when speaking to them. They all seem to enjoy their trips, and they say its just a matter of being careful.

Best of luck.

Dave :thumb:

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Penny, you aren't really any more vulnerable than anyone else travelling in a motorhome, but I agree that solo travellers, male and female feel a little more vulnerable. This is good, it keeps your awareness at a level that everyone should be in, just being aware is very often all you need to keep you very safe.

There are hundreds of solo full timing women, if that is what you want to do, get out there and give it a go. Like Brian suggested, you should read the Motorhome Security Handbook, its packed with security tips and tricks for the motorhome traveller. The sales of this ebook help fund this great website:thumb:

Have Fun:BigGrin:

10. Floyd's Girl

Floyd's Girl Read Only Funster

Although I now travel with Martin (Floyd1664), I used to caravan on my own all the time, and loved it! I fully intend to go away in the motorhome on my own if Martin's working over weekends.

The only suggestion I would make is to know as much as possible about your mhome, (but you don't need to know everything - just how to set up/pack away, common "fixes"), but also don't be scared about asking for help, but just use your common sense who you ask.

You'll probably find people are very interested in the fact you're on your own, (they were when I was caravanning on my own).

Do it and enjoy!!!!

11. isitfriday

isitfriday Funster

single women

Hi there i have just joined this site this week and am looking to do a lot more of holidaying on my own. i work full time so it wont be full time MH yet. :Smile:

12. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Welcome to the Fun Site and Enjoy....

Thank God it's Friday.....:thumb::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

13. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I've been motorhoming solo for the past 5 years and am spending more time away each year.

I love the freedom and being able to go where I want, spending whole days with my head in a book, walking the dogs or shopping with no-one to nag. :Laughing:

I don't take unnecessary risks ie wild camping or leaving the van unattended at motorway services in the dark, and have had only happy travels so far making lots of friends along the way.

As for full-timing - maybe, one day.

Just relax and enjoy!

14. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi there, I am lone woman but not full timer. Can fully recommend it as you can choose whether you want time alone to relax or to mix with others. Look forward to meeting you some day. Movan