Lithium batteries

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Eddystone, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Eddystone

Eddystone Funster

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Not a clue but all I know is that lithium in very short supply at present. And the way you manage them important. at least from my knowledge with e bike batteries

3. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

Ummm. £355 for 30ah, April fools!

4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

It's not an April fool and from what I've heard they are very good. One of the advantages of them is they can be very quick to recharge, assuming you have the right recharging equipment and they are not harmed by being run down to zero charge.

Downside is they are currently eye-wateringly expensive - about ten times the price of lead acid types but you need a decent capacity, 20Ah isn't a lot of use for most cases so you are going to have to fork out something like £2K to get a reasonable capacity. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steve

Steve Funster Life Member

aimed at motor movers in this ad. but could have its uses else where. i wouild need atleast 6 to replace what i have so give it a miss for now

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

At that price I would stick with standard lead acid at about £80 for a 110aH ( which will get MORE usable power as the LiOn unit advertised ) and chuck it away every three years.. LiOn are very good but not THAT good

On the other hand, to be fair, the advertised price is about on the button..
    Shame they are not exactly honest and mention the fact you will have to change all your charging systems ( hook up, solar and of course what is delivered to the battery from the engine when going along ) or it will last about 5 minutes !

• Like Like x 1