Lincoln show

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ivory55, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

I know funsters are all law abiding ! But the average speed cameras go live this morning on the A15 . So if coming up for the show be aware.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

and the over 3.5 tons, 50mph max don't forget on single carriageway roads (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Being a naturally suspicious person I might almost think that THEY will be aware that a lot of Motorhomers do not know about that limit and there MIGHT be a camera on the route up from the bypass to the show site

4. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

There is and it is a 50 limit.

5. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

To clarify, the new average speed cameras are on the A15 south of Lincoln, where the national speed limit of 60mph applies (& so DavidG58's comment applies).

North of Lincoln, as Mikeco says, there is already a 50mph speed limit from the by-pass to some way north of the showground that applies to all vehicles, which has long been monitored by Gatso cameras. This applies whether you approach from the north or the south. There are several 50mph stretches of the A15 all the way from Lincoln right up to the M180.

The A15 is a straight Roman road with many hidden dips. I imagine the idea is to discourage overtaking. The increase in the HGV limit from 40 to 50mph may also help (not that many stuck to 40).