Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Just been to Motorhome in storage today as 1st visit since winter storage. To get ready for stat of use from next week onwards.

When I opened her up I felt like "a kid in a sweetshop" all excited to be connected again and to the good times we are going to have. I opened curtains and just felt so chilled and excited to be in her. Got stuff put back in the was taken out for winter.

Spend ages in her and she started 1st time and solar panel had done its job over winter.

Is it just me or do others feel like this. I know that others use All year round but work/family commitments stop that until now.

Anyway love to hear how others feel when 1st getting back into theirs or am I just nuts!!!! Lol

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
no your quite normal Laddie ,its a general reaction to having been deprived of your pride and joy ,i visit mine on a regular basis through the winter months and quite often put the tele on and watch a DVD whilst drinking a coffee or two followed by day dreaming of trips to come
where abouts in the flatlands are you?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Ours lives on the drive and it is still a thrill to go out to her - even if it is just to empty the dehumidifier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Ours lives on the drive and it is still a thrill to go out to her - even if it is just to empty the dehumidifier.
Likewise, but..............

.......I always want to start it up and head into the sunset!

We do use ours regularly in winter so the sunset sees quite a lot of us.(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We are full timers but stay in Burnley a lot because of Mrs Badknee still works but I do enjoy starting her up even if it's to go and fill up our lpg tank(y)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I feel like this every time I get back to our van, that said, we haven't taken her out of service of the winter, and have been using her all year. We still get excited everytime we collect her :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
any joy with your liscense yet Helen?

Yes thanks. I did put an update on when it was re-instated.

I had to go via the complaints route and ask my MP (who was also getting the run around) to refer to the Public Service and Health Ombudsman - I had to tell him what to do as he didn't have a clue. Anyway in the end he wrote them a final letter saying it was urgent I had a decision and they had 7 days or he would refer. Strangely enough I got a phone call from the senior complaints officer who asked me loads of questions and then said he had the authority to reinstate my licence from that point.

When the actual licence arrived it's not correct but I can drive car, motorhome and electric bike (any size) so that is all I need. I can also drive a 44 tonne HGV and trailer (but not a car with trailer), a big motorbike and a tank. I am not allowed to drive a minibus. I don't want to make any more waves in case they stuff up again.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Yes thanks. I did put an update on when it was re-instated.

I had to go via the complaints route and ask my MP (who was also getting the run around) to refer to the Public Service and Health Ombudsman - I had to tell him what to do as he didn't have a clue. Anyway in the end he wrote them a final letter saying it was urgent I had a decision and they had 7 days or he would refer. Strangely enough I got a phone call from the senior complaints officer who asked me loads of questions and then said he had the authority to reinstate my licence from that point.

When the actual licence arrived it's not correct but I can drive car, motorhome and electric bike (any size) so that is all I need. I can also drive a 44 tonne HGV and trailer (but not a car with trailer), a big motorbike and a tank. I am not allowed to drive a minibus. I don't want to make any more waves in case they stuff up again.

So when are you getting your Honda Goldwing ? we can go out and play at hells Angels:whistle:

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Is it just me or do others feel like this.

Anyway love to hear how others feel when 1st getting back into theirs or am I just nuts!!!! Lol

My friend... I feel EXACTLY the same way, and mine lives on the driveway!

I'm still new to motorhoming (just starting my second year) and after 30+ trips and weekends away last year, the novelty has not worn off yet.

It was my intention to motorhome throughout the winter this year but gearbox issues have kept me off the road for the last three months while I save up for repairs, but I still go out there once a week and find SOMETHING to do out there.

I love it (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm still new to motorhoming (just starting my second year) and after 30+ trips and weekends away last year, the novelty has not worn off yet.

Does it ever? Our first van (self build) was around 20 years ago and every trip is still as exciting as the first (and second, and third.....)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back