Levelling ramps

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by golly, Jul 5, 2010.

1. golly

golly Funster

I wonder if anyone could advise me. My van is a Hobby T550 and when parked level on my drive rainwater stands on the roof where the front "bulge" joins the flat roof, it wont drain off when level. As there is a seem at this point I was worried about possible water ingress. To solve this I usually park up with front wheels on levelling ramps so the watter drains off the back of the van. My question is will it cause any problems having the ramps in place for extended periods as the suspension will be compressed to a certain amount, or does anyone have a better solution.

regards John

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

My vans are always parked up on a slope as I live on a hill and terraced bits are still not very flat.:Smile: I can't see it doing any long term harm. But then a puddle on the roof probably won't do any harm either. A lot of motorhomes have a puddle on their roof and that in itself will not make you spring a leak. Most leaks are caused when the roof flexes after the sealant stops being flexible, this happens when you are up on the roof or driving on bumpy roads etc.

If it were me I'd leave it on the flat and buy a goldfish:BigGrin:

3. golly

golly Funster

If it were me I'd leave it on the flat and buy a goldfish

Thanks Jim, I must admit I would prefer to keep it on the flat, think I'll give the goldfish a miss though. :Laughing:

John

4. Terry

Terry Funster

:Rofl1: even if you put it on the ramps / blocks it will still only have the weight of the van on it - less the water and fish :Rofl1::thumb:--- the water may stop the roof getting hot,hot,hot :Rofl1:
    terry