Free Member
Oct 4, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
Exp
3 Year
Can anyone help on this.I have a Hobby Toskana 750,I use the inverter now and then,I'm aways cautious of draining my 2 leisure batteries, so just limited use now and then.I do have 120w solar panel as well which keeps them topped up.
Today I used a 900w hairdryer,I switched the 2k inverter on and I also switched the engine on,everything was fine until i switched to full power on the hairdryer,the volt reading went from 12.7 down to 0.1 and it cut off.
A volt meter shows both engine and alternator are charging and working fine and give a reading of 13.5.But the engine battery has stopped charging the leisure batteries, I've checked the fuses under the drivers seat,all are ok. There seems to be no power at all to the leisure batteries from the alternator on engine startup.
I've hooked up to mains and all batteries charge with symbol on panel showing this.We do a lot of wild camping so if anyone has any thoughts on this,I'd appreciate it.
Both leisure batteries and engine battery are fairly new and do hold their charge.Is there a fuse or something stopping the engine battery charging the leisure batteries?

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Only a guess, but does the controller favour the cab battery until it's recovered before it will use the excess to feed the others?

OP
OP
Douglas1

Douglas1

Free Member
Oct 4, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
Exp
3 Year
Good possibility, but i put a volt meter on the cab battery and it reads 13.7 volts, it's only the instrument panel in the motorhome that displays 0.1 volts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back