Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
My sink mixer tap is leaking from the base when I turn the nozzle in a particular direction? Anyone had anything similar? Is it a repair or replacement job?
Cheers
Dai

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Probably just an O ring , if it was mine before replacing it I would have it to bits and have a look , can't lose anything if you are going to replace it any way:thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just a suggestion.
Sometimes it just appears to be leaking from the base when it is actually running down the underside of the spout. I'd recommend drying the area and trying it again with some kitchen towel wrapped around the stem and see if it still leaks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Leaking tap

MORE THAN LIKELY YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE INTENAL UNIT ,IT IS A THREE WAY SINLE UNIT UNDO TAP [ALLEN KEY] UNDO NET LIFT OUT UNIT AND REPLACE,MOST PROBABLY ONE OF THE O RINGS IS LEAKING,DONE MINE A COUPLE OF TIMES ESPACIALY AFTER WINTER:thumb:

Last edited:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
'Dai' - just love saying that name, reminds me of my schooldays. Everyone was Dai, Dai the milk (milkman), Dai spanners (he was the local mechanic) Dai dog (local hunter type) and then Dai bladders - I won't go into what he was 'famous' for, certainly not on here.
:roflmto:
Just before you remove it (after trying what Techno suggests) try running it whilst on hot and hot water is coming through. A lot of taps get this leak, especially after being parked up, like if the rubber seals go hard.

Had one or two do this but once run on hot which softens the rubbers, helps with seating and I have moved the supplies about underneath the tap, hey presto. Our shower mixer did it recently but same done and we are in business.

Hope it helps.

Trikeman. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
When you take the top off the tap, you may see a brass locking ring with two notches in it, try and tighten this down a bit, maybe even a fraction of a turn and it will tighten up on the O rings. Our tap froze up one winter and I thought it had cracked the ceramic valve seat, once I got it apart I realised that the ice had expanded and stretched the body or compressed the O rings and all I had to do was tighten the ring down to take up the slack. You can get replacement cartridge kits from the web no problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back