Le Voyageur the Prestige Marque of Pilote who bought out RMB years ago

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Abacist, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Abacist

Abacist Funster

I don't see Le Voyageur mentioned much as a make to be considered but it is the French prestige marque of Pilote and Pilote took over RMB over a decade ago, I believe.

Has anyone got one that they are prepared to recommend?

I would imagine and hope that some of the skills and methods originally used by RMB should have rubbed off otherwise what was the point in buying RMB and then effectively stopping to use it as a brand.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Perhaps its an issue that its just seems more difficult to import from France than from Germany and thus Le Voyageur fails to get as much as it might deserve.

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Looks like they wanted the RMB name to me.

LeVoyageur used to be a custom spec fibreglass bodied van on the Merc chassis a few years ago ago, but the ones we saw last year at the NEC were just Pilote vans with a sticker on.

Saw the RMB vans at Dusseldorf two years ago and didn't rate them.

Martin

3. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

I thought that Frankia was the upmarket Pilote brand nowadays. Do like the old RMB's though.

4. Abacist

Abacist Funster

This is correct! i have just done research and Frankia are the only models now produced in Germany with RMB and Le Voyageur being produced at the same factory in France. Pilote models are produced at a different factory in France according to the Frankia brochure.

It would still be nice to hear any reviews of Frankia and Le Voyageur A class models and I'm interested in the larger ones with with single beds that convert into a large double.

5. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

So where do Bavaria fit into the plot?
    Are they German made or French?

6. moulin 87

moulin 87 Funster

Bavaria are French made within the Pilot Group..... Seems to be Priced identically in France to the Pilot range...Just different styling..

7. Polar bear

Polar bear Funster

You can go on a tour of the pilote factory in France which will give you a better insight to how they are made they have tours about one a month and you can book on their website. There is also an Aires close to factory for overnight stay.