laying up your MH for winter ? Read and see ! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you do intend laying her up for any time and intend declaring SORN on you van, I would suggest you do it on line.

You get an instant response and you will not be relying on either RM or indeed the incompetent buffoons at the DVLA ( they are STILL loosing peoples licences and claiming they have never passed their tests for goodness sake !!! )

Link Removed

Seems to me that the DVLA really do consider them above both the laws of the land and any moral obligations to offer a half decent service.

I find the reply from Evans interesting.. It would seem that even HE has no idea what so ever what his oiks are up to.

To help motorists do this, we send reminder letters before their tax disc or SORN expires and an acknowledgement letter to confirm that our records have been updated. If we don't hear on time, we send a further reminder.

Yet it is prety obvious from all the evidence and indeed what other people from the DVLA say, that no second reminder is sent out

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Rather than send stuff to DVLA Swansea, I've found dealing directly with our DVLA Local Registration Office far better / quicker / more efficient.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Must admit my dealings with my 'local' office are always excellent..
Sadly my 'local' office is a 95 mile round trip !

Actually, there is one in Norwich but it is a nightmare to get to, to park, and is always crowded. I go to Ipswich and it is an absolute pleasure :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I admit when I sent our licences away and the V5 I was worried about them saying we never passed our tests etc so I copied them just in case and I have just received them back all intact thank god but I have heard of other people getting them back minus entitlements???:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think possibly the most infamous one was a motorcycle police officer.

Given that he was trained by the force and had ridden for the force for several years

As per, when the picture licence came out, he followed job recomendatio and applied for the new version.

Came back with no bike licence on it..

They ( DVLA ) would not budge and the poor sod ended up having to do his bike tests again !!

As said elsewhere.. The DVLA is infested with low grade wombles who really do thing they are special people...

Reminds me of a joke that does,.....

What is the difference between a DVLA executive and God

God does not think he is a DVLA executive................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back