laying up your MH for winter ? Read and see !

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

If you do intend laying her up for any time and intend declaring SORN on you van, I would suggest you do it on line.

You get an instant response and you will not be relying on either RM or indeed the incompetent buffoons at the DVLA ( they are STILL loosing peoples licences and claiming they have never passed their tests for goodness sake !!! )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/09/sorn.html

Seems to me that the DVLA really do consider them above both the laws of the land and any moral obligations to offer a half decent service.

I find the reply from Evans interesting.. It would seem that even HE has no idea what so ever what his oiks are up to.

Yet it is prety obvious from all the evidence and indeed what other people from the DVLA say, that no second reminder is sent out

2. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Rather than send stuff to DVLA Swansea, I've found dealing directly with our DVLA Local Registration Office far better / quicker / more efficient.

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Must admit my dealings with my 'local' office are always excellent..
    Sadly my 'local' office is a 95 mile round trip !

Actually, there is one in Norwich but it is a nightmare to get to, to park, and is always crowded. I go to Ipswich and it is an absolute pleasure :thumb:

4. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I admit when I sent our licences away and the V5 I was worried about them saying we never passed our tests etc so I copied them just in case and I have just received them back all intact thank god but I have heard of other people getting them back minus entitlements???:RollEyes:

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I think possibly the most infamous one was a motorcycle police officer.

Given that he was trained by the force and had ridden for the force for several years

As per, when the picture licence came out, he followed job recomendatio and applied for the new version.

Came back with no bike licence on it..

They ( DVLA ) would not budge and the poor sod ended up having to do his bike tests again !!

As said elsewhere.. The DVLA is infested with low grade wombles who really do thing they are special people...

Reminds me of a joke that does,.....

What is the difference between a DVLA executive and God

God does not think he is a DVLA executive................