Last minute reschedule , going to Beni & Villasol full, advice? (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve only ever stayed on Villasol. Just phoned and they’re full for next month. Spaces on La Toretta (cheaper) and El Raco. I remember where they are.

We have spent 2 weeks completely covered by pine trees, no sun at all on the occasional time it came out. We were supposed to be going to Portugal on Monday but can’t face 2 weeks of rain, cold and Atlantic winds.

I can’t remember if La Toretta has any sunny spots? Advice please. Or El Raco for that matter.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’ve only ever stayed on Villasol. Just phoned and they’re full for next month. Spaces on La Toretta (cheaper) and El Raco. I remember where they are.

We have spent 2 weeks completely covered by pine trees, no sun at all on the occasional time it came out. We were supposed to be going to Portugal on Monday but can’t face 2 weeks of rain, cold and Atlantic winds.

I can’t remember if La Toretta has any sunny spots? Advice please. Or El Raco for that matter.
Caroline, there’s a new campsite opened between Beni and Albir. They would have spaces - it’s opposite the international college.

I think it’s called Legua Media or something like that. Ditcha will know!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Try cap-blanch carolyn in Albir, the site isn’t much but it’s right on the beach and the town is just as cheep as beni, you can’t book just turn up… some lovely places around and if you want beni it’s a 15 minute bus ride for €1.50…🍻😎

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Try cap-blanch carolyn in Albir, the site isn’t much but it’s right on the beach and the town is just as cheep as beni, you can’t book just turn up… some lovely places around and if you want beni it’s a 15 minute bus ride for €1.50…🍻😎
I know where you mean. Certainly an option if we can’t get into Beni

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Remember El Raco has building works where they sold a portion of the site to Aldi, We were booked in for March when we arrived we were told if you don't like the pitch you can have a refund, we walked down to have a look at the pitch to much noise and no sun, we then waked down to La Toretta who had a nice sunny pitch that we grabbed. We were glad in the end really didn't like the look of Raco most of the touring pitches seemed quite small.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
They’re really busy building a Lidl (next to the Corner Bar) and Aldi (on Raco).

There are heavy lorries trundling between the two sites, and a tip behind Arena Blanca all day.

Hope you can get into Torreta Carolyn. Wendo55 and Blossom were there - not sure if they’ve moved off yet.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you buy a bus travel card for 2 euro plus 10 euro for tickets its only 70 cents to Beni or anywhere else on the local buses.
You can buy 1 card to cover 2 people and buy it on the bus.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If you buy a bus travel card for 2 euro plus 10 euro for tickets its only 70 cents to Beni or anywhere else on the local buses.
You can buy 1 card to cover 2 people and buy it on the bus.
Oh yes I remember the cards now Jim, thanks for the reminder. We’ve not been since before Covid. Didn’t know you could buy one card for 2 people though. You’ve saved me €2 .

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
They’re really busy building a Lidl (next to the Corner Bar) and Aldi (on Raco).

There are heavy lorries trundling between the two sites, and a tip behind Arena Blanca all day.

Hope you can get into Torreta Carolyn. Wendo55 and Blossom were there - not sure if they’ve moved off yet.
carolyn We move on from La Torreta tomorrow and there does seem to be quite a few empty pitches at the moment but I think it will get busier with the Spanish coming to celebrate Easter. Hope you manage to get a pitch. If you use the bus cards on the number 10 bus it costs 70c but the number 01 bus it is 1.44c.

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
Carolyn, keep a record of where you stay, please. Andrea & i going next Jan/Feb time. Thank you. Hope you & Nick are well, have a great time. XX

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Me and Shirley Blossom are leaving la Torreta tomorrow after staying since January 22nd. We're on the reception side near the bottom where everyone frightened us when we got here with stories of it flooding. Well I think it's rained twice. Hardly wet the floor! Loads of sunny pitches and quite a few unoccupied. (Might fill for Easter).
The site is easy walking distance for everything.
We'd definitely come back.
The 70 cent fares with the card are only on the no.10 bus (which goes from central Benidorm to Altea, passing a few of the sites). We've paid €1.44 on others.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Oh yes I remember the cards now Jim, thanks for the reminder. We’ve not been since before Covid. Didn’t know you could buy one card for 2 people though. You’ve saved me €2 .
The card can be loaded and used by multiple people. Just tap it for the number of tickets you want. We have one and used to leave it in the Beni apartment, strange that I used to leave it with €20 euro loaded but was always empty when we went back 🤔🤣

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Looks like we’re off to La Toretta tomorrow! I haven’t had an official reply but when I click on the booking link it says Booking accepted whereas earlier this morning it said it was being processed.

I know we have wasted our booking in Portugal but it seemed like pouring more money down the drain. There’s only so much wind and rain I can stand being a softy southerner!

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Weather in Beni not brilliant for the next couple of days, it is warm though. have a look at the webcam see what's what down at the beach

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Highly recommend La Legua Media it’s slightly further out than Villa Mar. New site with big sunny pitches and great facilities. The other place which is sunny and a bit more like an Aire out at Finestrat is Camperlive which was a little too packed in for us but €16 a night, our friends were on it. We loved Legua Media a would certainly return.
Raco is just too busy and too packed, it’s becoming more and more a residential site unfortunately.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Looks like we’re off to La Toretta tomorrow! I haven’t had an official reply but when I click on the booking link it says Booking accepted whereas earlier this morning it said it was being processed.

I know we have wasted our booking in Portugal but it seemed like pouring more money down the drain. There’s only so much wind and rain I can stand being a softy southerner!
At least you know Beni Carolyn, and know where to go and what to do if the weather isn’t brilliant.

Have a lovely time. We left it clean and tidy for you! :rofl:

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Weather in Beni not brilliant for the next couple of days, it is warm though. have a look at the webcam see what's what down at the beach

It’s better than where we were supposed to be going though, 14 degrees and heavy rain plus strong winds off the Atlantic for the next 5 days at least!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
There will be plenty of room at toretta, big sunny pitches down the bottom of each side. I think that's where we'll go in August 👌

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Somehow missed this thread, we are still on Villasol but leaving on Wednesday.
We will, as usual be on the terrace tomorrow afternoon should you or Nick need a refreshment after settling in Toretta.
Cheers
What time? It’s been so long .

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Torretta looks a bit untidy but if you can get pitch a the the bottom of the site on the left of the road there are some very sunny pitches😎

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Torretta looks a bit untidy but if you can get pitch a the the bottom of the site on the left of the road there are some very sunny pitches😎
It's a bit "rustic " but less regimented than others and very easy-going and flexible.
...and so convenient to walk to everything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back