Last aire space, smug satisfaction. (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I know I shouldn't feel this way but got a rush of smug satisfaction when we snagged the last space on the aire at Pontevedra in northern Spain.
Just 3 minutes after we had parked 4 motorhomes drove in after us to be very disappointed.
We are now feeling very lucky.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I know I shouldn't feel this way but got a rush of smug satisfaction when we snagged the last space on the aire at Pontevedra in northern Spain.
Just 3 minutes after we had parked 4 motorhomes drove in after us to be very disappointed.
We are now feeling very lucky.
Love that feeling, have had it a few times in Germany😁😁

Just look of the poor buggers faces as they drive around then drive off😂😂

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I also noticed I must have clipped the kerb whilst maneuvering in yesterday and I have taken a chunk out of my tyre and scuffed the alloy.
Sod it, off to a local asador for a nice steak and bottle of vino.
20230827_124834.jpg

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I also noticed I must have clipped the kerb whilst maneuvering in yesterday and I have taken a chunk out of my tyre and scuffed the alloy.
Sod it, off to a local asador for a nice steak and bottle of vino.View attachment 800131
Oooh that needs replacing sharpish👍

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
but got a rush of smug satisfaction when we snagged the last space on the aire at Pontevedra in northern Spain.

The concert across the river was quite loud and it didn't finish till 3.15am

It was feeling smug, rather the sorry for your fellow campers looking for a pitch that did it. Karma is a bitch;)

Hope you get the tyre sorted. Siân just had three kerbed alloys on her BMW be made to look as good as new. 75 quid a wheel though!

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We arrived at our intended spot. Three places, all taken 😡. We parked nearby and went for a walk. Martin kept a look out whilst I was preparing lunch. One of the three left, we transported lunch down the road and then ate it on an official spot 🤣😊

More info on my thread 👍🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We arrived at our intended spot. Three places, all taken 😡. We parked nearby and went for a walk. Martin kept a look out whilst I was preparing lunch. One of the three left, we transported lunch down the road and then ate it on an official spot 🤣😊

More info on my thread 👍🤣
Your thread is fab 👌

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Tyres ordered for 9am tommorow.
We walked to the garage (only 1.5 miles)and a very nice man with school English (his words) was very good in assisting me.
When we left the uk I knew our tracking was out as we have uneven wear on the front tryes but it was more adviser stage, 2 attempts to get a local tracking company that was recommended to us to sort it, 2 times they cancelled.
I was going to leave it till next year as the motorhome is getting laid up from late October till late May but 2 new tryes and tracking is now booked in.
Job done, well hopefully.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We walked to the garage (only 1.5 miles)and a very nice man with school English (his words) was very good in assisting me.
When we left the uk I knew our tracking was out as we have uneven wear on the front tryes but it was more adviser stage, 2 attempts to get a local tracking company that was recommended to us to sort it, 2 times they cancelled.
I was going to leave it till next year as the motorhome is getting laid up from late October till late May but 2 new tyres and tracking is now booked in.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I was going to leave it till next year as the motorhome is getting laid up from late October till late May but 2 new tyres and tracking is now booked in.
What really surprised me was it was the tyres that were going to be replaced anyway that were dammaged I would have put money on them being fine and a new one dammaged

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back