Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our fixed bed is higher than average although not so high that you'd need steps to get in. It gives us a massive underbed storage facility. Each time we leave I sort it out with everything in the right plastic boxes and accessible. By the time we get back from a trip it looks like it's been stirred and I have to put my head in and sort it all out again. We did think we wanted a garage model but didn't like the beds being up so high nor the dark feeling at the back of the vans we looked at. I also realised that to make a garage really useful we would need to install some storage units to keep it from becoming a huge mess.
We've fitted a headboard to the bed and we use it as a big sofa for watching movies in the evening.
Bikes are on a tow ball bike rack and if we should ever need it we have roof rails.
Have you thought about the models that have two singles over a garage? Most of them have a bit you can put in the middle to make it into a huge double should the urge take you :winky:
There's no problem then with getting up in the night.

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Thanks Mags52, the models we are interested in are tags (Swift Kontiki and Auto Trail Chieftan). There are not that many around so we probably have not yet seen all of the layout options.

The only single beds we have seen i think was a Cheyanne with a rear washroom, which means they can`t be made into a double and the singles are not long enough.

I think a garage would be nice but at the moment, every vehicle we are seeing for the right money has the island bed, so we will have to go with what`s available when we are ready to buy.

Compromise is the name of the game it seems.

Thanks

Steve

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Wet clothes, tables and chairs, bikes, tools etc etc etc, same as everyone else, and if you think a little, you can utilise above the floor, depending on your needs. As another poster has said, being heated makes a difference turns it into a drying room, the drawbacks are more of a personal nature, just like the cupboard under the stairs or your shed, there is a propensity to lob everything in there and shut the door,.....then now and then, spend a couple of hours sorting it out and rearranging it:ROFLMAO:. I use cargo nets, and those "shoe hanger/pocket" type things for load of bits and bobs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back