Lège-cap-ferret (Arcahon peninsula) any recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
On the basis of a friend recently staying at Le Truc Vert and saying it was excellent we decided to head over next week but it's full:cry:

Now i've committed to a week on the West coast and have to find a solution..... We'll go to Mimizan for some days but really wanted to try to get on the peninsula to try it.

Anyone recommend any aires, sites etc ?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We stayed on a great site the other side of the basin last year which I can recommend at Ares (sorry don't know how to do the accent over the "e") called La Cigale.

It is a very pleasant site with lovely owners & has pools etc. Just a 5 minute walk into the town and shops and a weekly market.

We traveled round to Le Cap Ferret by local service bus from the site.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I second the suggestion for La Cigale. We have stayed there a number of times in the past.

A little further up the cost the Aires at Montlivet le Baines is right on the beach and near the town centre. When we were there the service point left a bit to be desired, but the situation was good. Marked pitches and not cramped.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I second the suggestion for La Cigale. We have stayed there a number of times in the past.

A little further up the cost the Aires at Montlivet le Baines is right on the beach and near the town centre. When we were there the service point left a bit to be desired, but the situation was good. Marked pitches and not cramped.

Lunarman

We enjoyed staying at Montalivet this summer , as on the beach whilst we were there was some ski jet competition, great fun

The service point at Montalvet iwas out of use due to vandals, you have to use the site a short distance away

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'm not sure it was vandalised - we were there in April and there was no sign of services, except the bit of wall where we thought they probably were originally, when they were there. I thought they had been removed deliberately TBH.

But the other aire at the back of the town-ish, next door to the camping municipal, was still free to use the bornes (there are 2) and it actually says on the big sign by the entrance you can wash your vehicle on the borne. Thanks very much, we did. This aire has lovely grass and shrubs and electrickery and proper pitches.

However it's not within easy walking distance of anywhere, whereas the beach aire is. No marked pitches though, no formality - just a free MoHo parking area, with nothing, at the back of the dunes.

The Dune du Pilat is a must see, and the carpark is priced accordingly ....... :ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Just thought - ferry from Royan to Le Point de Grave is approx. €47 - one way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back